In Urgent Need of Help !
Nov 7, 2011 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Jlox1

100+ Head-Fier
Okay so I need help on what kind of headphones to get. I first had the JVC gumy's and loved them until they broke so I got some Sennheiser Hd 201's... then they broke too lol. I then got some 202's and loved them to death. BUt i thought i was time for an upgrade so I bought the 205's and liked those alot. Now i think it's time I invested in a good pair of cans. I'm willing to spend up to 130$. I have heard that the Senn Hd 280 are superb, but they lack bass.. I listen to , Drake, Lil Wayne, J. Cole, and Big sean, and a little RnB here and there. I am aware of the Sony XB series. and I know about beats.. but i'm not to main stream and the beats put too much bass in my ears I want to enjoy other aspects of the music but still have a considerable amount of bass included.. any ideas ?

Nov 7, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 12
Nov 7, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
I use my phone for audio and sometimes my computer so is an amp a necessity ?

It's not a necessity for the Shure 750DJ but this tiny thing will improve the bass lines
without adding too much line noise between your phone and the headphones.

Not a must by any means if you decide to try the Shures, just a suggestion for
the small sum of $20.

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
Okay so I need help on what kind of headphones to get. I first had the JVC gumy's and loved them until they broke so I got some Sennheiser Hd 201's... then they broke too lol. I then got some 202's and loved them to death. BUt i thought i was time for an upgrade so I bought the 205's and liked those alot. Now i think it's time I invested in a good pair of cans. I'm willing to spend up to 130$. I have heard that the Senn Hd 280 are superb, but they lack bass.. I listen to , Drake, Lil Wayne, J. Cole, and Big sean, and a little RnB here and there. I am aware of the Sony XB series. and I know about beats.. but i'm not to main stream and the beats put too much bass in my ears I want to enjoy other aspects of the music but still have a considerable amount of bass included.. any ideas ?

Panasonic HTF600. Inexpensive, warm, bassy, musical headphone.
Shure SRH840 if you want a more neutral headphone. Shure SRH750 DJ if you want a "V" shaped frequency response bassy headphone.
Beyer DT770 PRO would be another great option.

Very best,

Nov 7, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 12
I suppose the HD280's arent even on the list lol.. and what about shure 440 im hearing about those being good .

Nov 7, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
I suppose the HD280's arent even on the list lol.. and what about shure 440 im hearing about those being good .

The HD280's are not too bad, I've spent a little bit of time with them and they rate well against the other
Sennheiser models in the range ~ thing is I don't find them to have any real personality and durability
is a really big (?) question mark.

I've seen two fail in the same place, right side hinge ~ snapped.

Nov 7, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #8 of 12
I mean Durability is not an issue with me I mean the 201's were a freak accident, I was just worried about the bass. I have heard mixed reviews..

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #10 of 12
Very good cans the Shure 440 and 840 ~ I find the 840 to be better balanced in that in does not favor hot treble or big bass bloom,
The 440 is a little more forward sounding, that means that the performance takes place a bit closer to the stage than the 840.

Build quality is pretty much identical, comfort going to the 840 with the nicer pads.

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #11 of 12
I feel like I am leaning towards the 750's because I heard the SQ is AMAZING, i'm worried about the music leaking and comfort anything ?

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #12 of 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back