Infinity Crescendo 3008 Tower Speakers for $400 - Deal or No Deal?
Aug 31, 2022 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

slowpickr

Headphoneus Supremus
Apparently, these went for around $2400/pair back in 1996. I can get them locally for $400/pair. They look very nice and the owner says they've recently been re-foamed. Little apprehensive about getting speakers this old (despite the foam job). Recommendations?

Aug 31, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 4
Best to listen to them first, or get a return policy. Whatever "re-foamed" means, it indicates there was a problem.

But I have some big ol' Infinity bookshelf/floor speakers from the 1970s that weigh a ton, and I just love the sound.

Aug 31, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Best to listen to them first, or get a return policy. Whatever "re-foamed" means, it indicates there was a problem.

But I have some big ol' Infinity bookshelf/floor speakers from the 1970s that weigh a ton, and I just love the sound.
Thanks. I saw some refoam discussions about that speaker line on another forum. I think it’s mainly due to age. Older Bose speakers have the same issue.

Aug 31, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks. I saw some refoam discussions about that speaker line on another forum. I think it’s mainly due to age. Older Bose speakers have the same issue.
I would definitely listen to them before buying. The refoaming doesn’t bother me as I have a pair of Infinity SS 2001 books speakers from around the same time period and hadn’t used them for 20 years and saw them stacked up in the back room in the basement and just had to try them out but after taking off the grills the foam was just falling apart. A few hours and $15 refoam kit and they are as good as new. This is really not old for speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back