Interest Check - Woo Audio 6 UK?
Jan 1, 2011 at 10:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SpudHarris

Headphoneus Supremus
I haven't listed this in the for sale section yet as I wanted to gauge interest first. I hope that's not against the rules it's just I haven't got around to taking any photos yet.

I have an absolutely mint WA6 which has been my home amp for probably the past 6-7 months. I bought it from another Head-fier who had it from new and sold it to me to fund his new interest of Mountain Biking..... The WA6 is astounding in terms of SQ and powers all my phones including my 600ohm DT880's and T1's.

Reason I'm contemplating selling is because I'm thinking of dropping a huge amount (for me anyhow) on what would be my last home amp, a WA22. It's an awful lot of money even just to get it delivered and through customs so not something I'm taking lightly and really need to know if I can fund it any time soon.

Edit: Was contemplating the WA22 but can't afford it at all at this point.

If you are looking here you probably know what it is but just to clarify. It's a Woo Audio 6 in black. Will come with the power lead and Jack's standard tubes + some fairly nice upgrades, the Sophia alone is quite a lot of money.

Russian 5Z4G Rectifier (Stock)
Rayteon 6DE7 x 2 (Stock)
Sophia Princess Rectifier x 1
Sylvania 6EW7 x 2
RCA 6FD7 x 2
6DE7 to 6SN7 tube adapters
6DE7 to 6FG8 tube adapters

I Paid £550 in cash and that didn't include the 6EW7's or the tube adapters. I'm looking for £520 + Delivery and Paypal (unless gifted)

I also have a few hard to come by boutique tubes which I'll be selling separately which include a genuine pair of Sylvania 6SN7 'Bad Boys' and 2 pairs (yes two) of Tungsol Black Glass Round Plate 6SN7's.

If anyone is interested just drop me a line...

Thanks for looking.

Nigel

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #4 of 6
If I only noticed this two weeks ago, before I purchased a different amp :/

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #6 of 6
Hello there!

From your inventory, it looks like you've managed to sell your WA6?

Best

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back