Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Dec 11, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #1,741 of 3,158
Just got the KZ star tips. NICE. These fit the CL2 very well.
Just A/B tested these and the tennmaks.
For me detail retrieval and soundstage are better on the tennmaks, Both tips have a 4mm base, and fit the CL2 well. Tennmaks have 6mm bore opening, so they are extra wide.
The KZ sound more energetic and musical to my ears, and sit right inside my ear canal.
I guess it's a matter of preference, but I prefer details and separation.
YMMV obviously.
To my ears the CL2 really do well with wide bores, the wider the better.
Did you add a foam core to the KZs? Changes them quite a lot to my ears!

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #1,742 of 3,158
Did you add a foam core to the KZs? Changes them quite a lot to my ears!
Yes I added the foams, they make isolation better and widen the eartips so they fit better.
The soundstage is much wider on the tennmaks, and because of that instruments are less crowded and detail retrieval is better.
I can really tell the difference on classical soundtracks, and symphonies.
On vocal tracks it is much much less obvious.
These still sound good, and should be on the list of tips to try out, for sure. Especially with added foams.
To my ears, and maybe how they are shaped, tennmaks are better, so are the dots.
Edit: I think I have a size too big on the dots, I have mediums, maybe would do better with Medium smalls. They press up against my ear cavity a bit too much. Not comfortable.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #1,744 of 3,158
Lol, I can't use anything much smaller than the L Spiral dots :) (can't get a seal)

I can see how you have lots more choices, there, @Kitechaser :thumbsup:!
Yeah I have small ears :)
Really helps with tips, so I can be picky.
Just ordered medium small dots.
Will see how they do.
I am starting a collection of these silicone goodies, damn the CL2 :wink:
Gotta catch em all.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #1,745 of 3,158
Lol, I can't use anything much smaller than the L Spiral dots :) (can't get a seal)

I can see how you have lots more choices, there, @Kitechaser :thumbsup:!
Yup, that’s why I have to either have Symbio tips or, as has happened, gut the foam out of a pair, and randomly try it in all the tips I have - just to bulk them out!

Dec 11, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #1,746 of 3,158
Yup, that’s why I have to either have Symbio tips or, as has happened, gut the foam out of a pair, and randomly try it in all the tips I have - just to bulk them out!

Yeah, using the foam from the symbios on other large tips on which I normally would not get a seal sometimes does help (though it did not with the tennmak and the KZ star tips, for me)

Also helps with those tips which have very thin silicon, which, for my ears, tends to break the seal quite easily

Dec 11, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #1,747 of 3,158
Yeah, using the foam from the symbios on other large tips on which I normally would not get a seal sometimes does help (though it did not with the tennmak and the KZ star tips, for me)

Also helps with those tips which have very thin silicon, which, for my ears, tends to break the seal quite easily
It must be hard with big ear cavities. Especially since the CL2 completely Suck with foams tips.
I just tried some foams, and it's a TRAIN WRECK.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #1,748 of 3,158
It must be hard with big ear cavities. Especially since the CL2 completely Suck with foams tips.
I just tried some foams, and it's a TRAIN WRECK.

Totally agree... I can use the complys in large (and not all, 400 and 500 are fine, 200 are not), but they do reduce treble (and being 55, I already have my problems with treble reduction :)) .

The Crystalline and Inairs foam tips reduce treble less than complys IMHO (and cost a bit less) - but I really prefer silicon tips (plus, they are so much faster to put in place:)).
The regular symbios have pretty much eliminated the foams, for me, for when I want/need more isolation

And yep, it sucks - I'm stuck with large tips, and when they do have them, LL - and not all L fit :)

Dec 11, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #1,749 of 3,158
Just Changed my cable from sliver plateted copper to Pure copper from Plussound
Sounds beautiful...

P1290821.JPG

Dec 11, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #1,750 of 3,158
Just Changed my cable from sliver plateted copper to Pure copper from Plussound
Sounds beautiful...

That's a really nice cable. It's probably going to take more than a few days to get used to the sound :wink:
Would like to hear what you think when you get a chance.

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #1,752 of 3,158
And also to @AManAnd88Keys
How would you describe the change to the copper cable.
I am going to listen to the stock copper cable tomorrow, then switch back to the Null Audio Vitesse and report my findings. I have now been using the Vitesse long enough that from memory I can only say that it is different and likely better in some areas than the stock cable, but I cannot recall precisely how the latter performs in comparison. So instead of saying some vague, overgeneralized stuff I better try 'em out both again, now that I am used to the Vitesse.

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #1,753 of 3,158
I am going to listen to the stock copper cable tomorrow, then switch back to the Null Audio Vitesse and report my findings. I have now been using the Vitesse long enough that from memory I can only say that it is different and likely better in some areas than the stock cable, but I cannot recall precisely how the latter performs in comparison. So instead of saying some vague, overgeneralized stuff I better try 'em out both again, now that I am used to the Vitesse.
And also if you can try out the SPC 2.5mm stock :) that'll be a very interesting comparison.

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #1,754 of 3,158
That's a really nice cable. It's probably going to take more than a few days to get used to the sound :wink:
Would like to hear what you think when you get a chance.
So far so good
Copper is definitely different then silver plated copper
Ok im a big cable beleaver
So my short impressions
Bass bass basss
Bass has more impact more body, mids,i dont felt a lot diffence,
High is bit thiker,as well as less airy, clarity and micro details were still better with silver plater copper,
THis iem seems to respond well with different cables, so im so tempted to buy plussound tricopper,im sure this iem will be my end game iem for some time,
THis is the first time i want to take a pause upgrading and listen to this iem and enjoy,,,,,

Dec 11, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #1,755 of 3,158
So far so good
Copper is definitely different then silver plated copper
Ok im a big cable beleaver
So my short impressions
Bass bass basss
Bass has more impact more body, mids,i dont felt a lot diffence,
High is bit thiker,as well as less airy, clarity and micro details were still better with silver plater copper,
THis iem seems to respond well with different cables, so im so tempted to buy plussound tricopper,im sure this iem will be my end game iem for some time,
THis is the first time i want to take a pause upgrading and listen to this iem and enjoy,,,,,
The new cable will change over the coming week. :)
This is the most transparent iem I have ever listened to, so sensitive to cable changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back