Introducing HeadRoom Customer Reviews - Post Reviews to Win!
Jan 12, 2010 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Travis

Premier Sponsor HeadRoom
Dear Head-Fi’ers,

I’m happy to announce to the Head-Fi community that we now offer Customer Reviews of products
smile.gif
. We've posted it on our website and will send out an email to our customer database, but also wanted to give Head-Fi the word (and thanks to the Head-Fi’ers who’ve already been doing some work for us!).

To kick things off, we’re asking that you help us by submitting product reviews between now and 5:00 p.m. MST February 15, 2010. We will then randomly choose six winners from the pool of reviewers. Five of these winners will receive a $250 gift certificate from HeadRoom towards the purchase of their choice. The Grand Prize winner will receive a personal audio system comprised of the HeadRoom Desktop Amp and the Sennheiser HD650 headphones—a $1,299 value. You get entered each time you add a review, so the more reviews you write the more chances you have to win. Please note, vulgar or profane reviews are subject to removal and elimination from entry in the drawing, at HeadRoom's discretion.

As time goes on we will continue to improve our reviews by potentially highlighting our "Top Rated" reviewers, providing more accessibility to reviewers with similar likes as your own, allowing for adding of photos and videos to reviews, etc. Please feel free to tell us what other improvements you'd like to see in our Customer Reviews and thanks for participating!

Sincerely,
Travis Waller, CEO

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the reviews of gear manufactured by HeadRoom? Or does it also include any of the gear sold by HeadRoom? Thanks.

Hola Miguel, --

Any and all gear currently sold on our Headphone.com website is eligible for review.

Thanks!
bigsmile_face.gif

jorge
HR Service & Sales Manager

Jan 13, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any and all gear currently sold on our Headphone.com website is eligible for review.

This applies even if the reviewer had purchased that product at another authorized reseller (but "fakes" of those products are ineligible for review). What matters here is that the product is the same as what is sold on the Headphone.com Web site.

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This applies even if the reviewer had purchased that product at another authorized reseller (but "fakes" of those products are ineligible for review). What matters here is that the product is the same as what is sold on the Headphone.com Web site.

popcorn.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #9 of 20
Hello Everyone-

So far we've had around 75 reviews posted, and judging by the nature of these reviews it's quite obvious that many of you head-fi'ers have been those posting. The vast majority of these reviews have in-depth & meaningful product insights, which has been GREAT to see! We have been very pleased with the thoughtfully written, thorough product reviews.
beyersmile.png

So, THANK YOU to those of you who have posted, if you haven't had a look please take a look at headphone.com (old and new PX100, Senn HD600, and Total BitHead are a couple w/ multiple reviews). If you have not posted a review please try out our system, write a review, and let us know if you have any feedback. The more you write the more chances you've got to win $250 at HeadRoom or our Grand Prize!

Thanks all, happy listening and happy writing!

Jan 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #10 of 20
I'd like to echo what Ivy said, so often you go to websites with customer reviews and they're obviously written either by people who had a problem with the product, or who are gushing over a recently recieved product with emotion but no real insight. I'm so very pleased to see so many more thoughtful than ordinary posts that you folks are obviously writing.

thumb.gif

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
too bad I can't write a review on the best audio product I own since I got into this hobby: the ultra micro amp. it's been discontinued.

Yes, that is too bad. We're looking in to some possible solutions but it is complicated.

We really appreciate your feedback. It's good to know I'm not the only one who would like this.

Jan 21, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #14 of 20
i dont get it,so you will choose the winner according to the best written reviews or by the amount of reviews regardless the usefullness of the review?i mean some people may have dozens of headphones and when writting review of each one he may say "Great headphone,i enjoyed it very much.." with no real details,and yet he have 12 times of winning because he have more reviews?

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #15 of 20
Good question. For this particular promotion, every review written gets an entry to win. A short review does not necessarily denote poor quality. We did make this final decision after looking at the first number of reviews that came in (which will still be entered into the contest, btw) and noticed that most folks were taking the time to write some content, and while we hoped it would continue we did not want to make a requirement of a certain length.

Now, when it comes to "judging" what "we" feel is the "best" review... what do you think the criteria would be?
confused_face(1).gif
Is it what we agree with? The most poetically/accurately/descriptive review written? The most "entertaining" review? We rapidly get into a gray area that is highly subjective, and I suspect that many more head-fi'ers may question the results of the winners had we chosen that method.
wink.gif

Now, that said--- I will add that it is very easy for us to see how many reviews a particular person is writing, and when we see many come from one person without any quality content, we do reserve the right to take that into consideration. So far, I don't think this has been an issue and I hope the great reviews keep coming in.

Finally, this is not the end of our Customer Review Promos! As the program evolves so will the nature of these promotions. Because this was the kick-off, it's likely the largest promotion, but there will be more with great prizes and different criteria!

Thanks again everyone!
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back