Introducing HIFIMAN Ananda Nano
Apr 9, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #691 of 733
Any volunteers that want to test a eq?
So far, this seems promising. I haven't listened to it yet. But I'm going to try it out now

Screenshot_20240409_180701_Chrome.jpg

Update.
My new fave eq 😁

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #694 of 733
I don't quite understand this Ananda Nano. I've been testing it for a few days against the Arya Stealth (in the end I ended up doing the comparison myself. Maybe I'll do it on the YouTube channel).

I said that I don't understand why the Nano is different from the traditional Hifiman line like the Edition Xs, Sundara, Ananda Stealth, Arya Stealth...Arya in the scene wins (barely).
In contrast and dynamics I once again notice the Nano somewhat better.
The mids are closer on Nano, which I also like more.

Did hifiman really intend to make an Ananda 2.0 better than the Arya 1.0 (the stealth not the organic)?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #695 of 733
I don't quite understand this Ananda Nano. I've been testing it for a few days against the Arya Stealth (in the end I ended up doing the comparison myself. Maybe I'll do it on the YouTube channel).

I said that I don't understand why the Nano is different from the traditional Hifiman line like the Edition in the scene but it seems that the Arya wins (barely).
In contrast and dynamics I once again notice the Nano somewhat better.
The media is closer, which I also like more.

Did hifiman really intend to make an Ananda 2.0 better than the Arya 1.0 (the stealth not the organic)?
No but it matters on personal taste. I personally prefer the Ananda Nano over the Arya Stealth, especially after some eq. The Arya Stealth is overall more detailed and has that slightly larger staging. But the Nano comes extremely close in detail and trades off the staging for much better dynamic slam, speed and overall fun. The staging is still very large, larger than Focal, Audeze and other cans costing more. Detail is comparable to Focal and Audeze and other cans costing more. Considering the price of the Nano. It's amazing value. With some free eq. It's endgame. I'd take it over the Arya stealth. If I want detail, I got iems for that. Truly an exceptional headphone 😊

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #696 of 733
No, pero es cuestión de gusto personal. Personalmente prefiero el Ananda Nano al Arya Stealth, especialmente después de algunas ecuaciones. Arya Stealth es en general más detallado y tiene una puesta en escena un poco más grande. Pero el Nano se acerca mucho en detalle y sacrifica la puesta en escena por un golpe dinámico, velocidad y diversión general mucho mejores. La puesta en escena sigue siendo muy grande, más grande que Focal, Audeze y otras latas que cuestan más. El detalle es comparable al de Focal y Audeze y otras latas que cuestan más. Teniendo en cuenta el precio del Nano. Es un valor increíble. Con alguna ecuación libre. Es el final del juego. Yo me quedaría con el sigilo de Arya. Si quiero detalles, tengo artículos para eso. Realmente unos auriculares excepcionales😊
"A fast speaking" the Arya Stealth has a more relaxed and cleaner tonality, it is true, but honestly, in my opinion, it is not clearly better in resolution. It can be at times but the Ananda Nano tends to have more texture to the sound and the Arya seems to sound cleaner.
But if. I don't think I appreciate it, just that the nano in contrast and dynamics is clearly superior.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 10:35 PM Post #697 of 733
Brevemente hablando, el Arya Stealth tiene una tonalidad más relajada y limpia, es cierto, pero sinceramente, en mi opinión, no es claramente mejor en resolución. Puede serlo a veces pero el Ananda Nano tiende a tener más textura en el sonido y parece que el Arya suena más limpio.
Pero si. No creo que lo aprecie, sólo que el nano en contraste y dinámica es claramente superior.
Estoy 100% de acuerdo, pero un poco de ecualización, y puedes hacer que el Ananda Nano tenga una mejor tonalidad en comparación con el Arya Stealth. Teniendo en cuenta el precio del Ananda Nano. Es extremadamente difícil de superar. Uno de mis favoritos 😁

Apr 11, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #698 of 733
Estoy 100% de acuerdo, pero un poco de ecualización, y puedes hacer que el Ananda Nano tenga una mejor tonalidad en comparación con el Arya Stealth. Teniendo en cuenta el precio del Ananda Nano. Es extremadamente difícil de superar. Uno de mis favoritos 😁
Pues en ASR lo están poniendo a parir pero bien al Nano, diciendo que tiene una distorsión terrible y que hay cascos de 100€ que suenan mejor.

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #699 of 733
@SmartCheetah
Like this audio thing! I don't quite understand what you said. I decided to buy the Ananda Nano and compared it for days with the Arya Stealth... I have powered them with a fairly modest but powerful amplifier like the Fiio K7.
Is the Arya technically better? No. The Nano sounds more decisive to me with voices, instruments and small nuances. The Arya tends to expand (a little on its own) the sound, especially the vocals, but the Nano seems to have better instrumental separation.
In sonic enjoyment I appreciate that "personality" of the Nano a little more than that of the Arya. Nano feels to me more contrasted/dynamic sound, a little more present mids and more sparkle in the treble.
The Arya is somewhat more comfortable and has a calmer sound...maybe better tonality? Could be.

But basically that Nano is more of a "HE1000 se lite more than an Ananda"

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #700 of 733
@SmartCheetah
Like this audio thing! I don't quite understand what you said. I decided to buy the Ananda Nano and compared it for days with the Arya Stealth... I have powered them with a fairly modest but powerful amplifier like the Fiio K7.
Is the Arya technically better? No. The Nano sounds more decisive to me with voices, instruments and small nuances. The Arya tends to expand (a little on its own) the sound, especially the vocals, but the Nano seems to have better instrumental separation.
In sonic enjoyment I appreciate that "personality" of the Nano a little more than that of the Arya. Nano feels to me more contrasted/dynamic sound, a little more present mids and more sparkle in the treble.
The Arya is somewhat more comfortable and has a calmer sound...maybe better tonality? Could be.

But basically that Nano is more of a "HE1000 se lite more than an Ananda"
Right on the dot!!!!! HE1000se lite

The Headphone Experience by William Murdock compares the sound to the HE1000se and he says the Ananda Nano reminds him of the HE1000se. I actually can hear this and they are very similar. Yes the HE1000se is better. But if you want something similar that'll cost much less, the Ananda Nano gives that.

Apr 12, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #701 of 733
@SmartCheetah
Glad you like the Nano, enjoy. I liked it too, but when the Arya arrived it was a game over for me, so we clearly have different preferences. I used to have the K7, but haven't heard the Nano nor the Arya Stealth with it. I'm currently using the EF400 -> Aune S17 Pro and on this setup the Arya Stealth won for me hands down vs the Nano and Edition XS. It might be that the Aryas are harder to drive than the Nano and/or scale deeper with better sources.

Fun fact - I invited my wife to listen to all three. She's not into audio equipment, but she's a trained musician with better hearing than me for sure. She sat down to listen to and compare the Aria, Ananda, and Edition XS without any preparation, not knowing anything about any of the pairs (including the price :D ). After a while, she pointed to the Aria as the best of the three and, in her own words, listed all of my observations about them, which coincide with professional reviews. Respect to her ears. Her thoughts:
- Edition XS: Least clear/transparent.
- Nano: Better, brighter.
- Arya: Best overall.
- Arya: Most spacious.
- Arya: Most realistic yet effective soundstage - size as well as positioning, instrument separation, arrangement on the stage.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #702 of 733
Glad you like the Nano, enjoy. I liked it too, but when the Arya arrived it was a game over for me, so we clearly have different preferences. I used to have the K7, but haven't heard the Nano nor the Arya Stealth with it. I'm currently using the EF400 -> Aune S17 Pro and on this setup the Arya Stealth won for me hands down vs the Nano and Edition XS. It might be that the Aryas are harder to drive than the Nano and/or scale deeper with better sources.

Fun fact - I invited my wife to listen to all three. She's not into audio equipment, but she's a trained musician with better hearing than me for sure. She sat down to listen to and compare the Aria, Ananda, and Edition XS without any preparation, not knowing anything about any of the pairs (including the price :D ). After a while, she pointed to the Aria as the best of the three and, in her own words, listed all of my observations about them, which coincide with professional reviews. Respect to her ears. Her thoughts:
- Edition XS: Least clear/transparent.
- Nano: Better, brighter.
- Arya: Best overall.
- Arya: Most spacious.
- Arya: Most realistic yet effective soundstage - size as well as positioning, instrument separation, arrangement on the stage.
interesting. There are really many divided opinions. Many professional reviewers have different preferences and different favorite headphones.
-Antdroid: Prefer Focal Clear Og to any hifiman arya/ananda...
-AudiophileHeaven: "Nano more engaging and a little more tech." Arya more relax.
-Mr.Ayit: Said Nano>Arya

And several more people...
Therefore I do not believe that there is a "professional vote."

They are both great but the Arya can't be considered an overall improvement because sonically it isn't as he does things better and worse.

Apr 13, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #703 of 733
They are both great but the Arya can't be considered an overall improvement because sonically it isn't as he does things better and worse.
But again, this is subjective. For me and on my setup, the Arya is a definite improvement across the spectrum, maybe besides the clinical transparency the Nano has. For you, the Nano might be better, which is perfectly fine. After all, you can enjoy a much cheaper headphone and be satisfied. That said, both the Nano and the Edition XS are still great headphones.

It's still all about "ears" and preferences. Other factors like different audio sources and synergy also play a role. Did you get a chance to try the Arya or Nano on any other setups besides the K7? While the K7 is a good amp in its tier, it couldn't compete with my current setup (EF400 -> S17 Pro). I did a lot of testing and comparisons before I recently sold the K7, so speaking from experience. And for the same reason, I sold the ST-Amp too.

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #704 of 733
Been playing around with eq and found what I like. The eq I posted a few posts back is good. But I found it killed whats special about Hifiman.... The treble. I actually have come to like it a lot. So this new eq tweaks things and makes things a touch cleaner and smoother. And also tames the treble slightly, but not to the point of killing and losing the sparkle, energy and air. I like this very much.

Screenshot_20240414_103229_Chrome.jpg

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #705 of 733
Hey, This is my first post in Head-Fi,

Just got the Ananda Nano a couple of weeks ago to pair with the Focal Clear OG through my Fiio K7. Was on the verge of returning them because of the brightness but I am glad I kept them. Been using EQ to tame them a bit and they're definitely a lot of fun. I have owned the Sundara and Edition XS before and the Nanos are definitely my favourite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back