Introducing HIFIMAN Ananda Nano
Jun 4, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #76 of 819
How is the soundstage compared with the HD600?
I have both the HD600 & the ananda bluetooth & find the ananda stage bigger with a little bit more air.
I just ordered the original ananda stealth non bluetooth as I got put off the ananda nano after listening to a few comments on here about the nanos treble.

Jun 6, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #78 of 819
I Loved this nano, already compare to old stealth on my local audio show here and i compare it to ananda stealth, if you have the stealth, i guess you already have 90% of nano performance and tonal, its just almost similar, theres differences however, the nano have slightly better imaging, soundstage, slightly more detail to my ear, and the tonal fortunately also lovely or same as the original ananda (if ain't broke dont fix it), and im glad they did that, hence they still not basshead cans, the most difference is in vocal presentation, i didnot like stealth because i felt it's too much intimate with vocal presentation/positional sometimes it can be shouty on certain track (feels un-natural), this nano solved that problem for me.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #79 of 819
I Loved this nano, already compare to old stealth on my local audio show here and i compare it to ananda stealth, if you have the stealth, i guess you already have 90% of nano performance and tonal, its just almost similar, theres differences however, the nano have slightly better imaging, soundstage, slightly more detail to my ear, and the tonal fortunately also lovely or same as the original ananda (if ain't broke dont fix it), and im glad they did that, hence they still not basshead cans, the most difference is in vocal presentation, i didnot like stealth because i felt it's too much intimate with vocal presentation/positional sometimes it can be shouty on certain track (feels un-natural), this nano solved that problem for me.
Your the only one so far that doesn't mind the treble as some have found it a little sharp.
I decided to buy the ananda stealth because of that, mine will be arriving today all goes well. Glade you enjoy yours.

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #80 of 819
Your the only one so far that doesn't mind the treble as some have found it a little sharp.
I decided to buy the ananda stealth because of that, mine will be arriving today all goes well. Glade you enjoy yours.
Yep the treble doesnot bugging me at all surprisingly, in the other hand, the stealth for me seemed like slightly subdue, maybe my ears already get used to brighter cans in treble area in the past like ADX5k, because of not quite enough treble on stealth version that time, i decided to go with more expensive ADX5k that time (this also detail/airiness monster and the treble so rich and can be addicted for certain particular song/track), sadly then for some reason i must apart and sold them, slightly regret because sometimes i still missed them, and that time im waiting to find another cheaper alternative open back cans with same engagement factor as my ADX (less technicality is ok for me), and now it seemed i found it, this nano ananda for me now is perfect for replacing my ADX, they both was brightly excited for female vocal which is my reason to buy this, not like some HD800 OG or Beyer T1 which is for me is also bright but somehow can be boring for those particular genre.

Actually my original planned is saving for HE1000v2 that time (which is technically superior and i felt they are in same direction), arya variant even the organic didnot suit my needs because i felt it's too warm for my taste, but because of the price difference which is a deal breaker for me (you can get 3 nano for 1 HE1000v2), i decided to pass on HE1000v2.

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #81 of 819
Yep the treble doesnot bugging me at all surprisingly, in the other hand, the stealth for me seemed like slightly subdue, maybe my ears already get used to brighter cans in treble area in the past like ADX5k, because of not quite enough treble on stealth version that time, i decided to go with more expensive ADX5k that time (this also detail/airiness monster and the treble so rich and can be addicted for certain particular song/track), sadly then for some reason i must apart and sold them, slightly regret because sometimes i still missed them, and that time im waiting to find another cheaper alternative open back cans with same engagement factor as my ADX (less technicality is ok for me), and now it seemed i found it, this nano ananda for me now is perfect for replacing my ADX, they both was brightly excited for female vocal which is my reason to buy this, not like some HD800 OG or Beyer T1 which is for me is also bright but somehow can be boring for those particular genre.

Actually my original planned is saving for HE1000v2 that time (which is technically superior and i felt they are in same direction), arya variant even the organic didnot suit my needs because i felt it's too warm for my taste, but because of the price difference which is a deal breaker for me (you can get 3 nano for 1 HE1000v2), i decided to pass on HE1000v2.
Might be the first person who didn't find enough treble in a Hifiman headphone 😜! Glad you like your Nano, they certainly have a better look to them than my Stealth. Really like the silver look!

Jun 6, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #82 of 819

I just purchased a second hand he1000v2 with only about 10hours use aswell as a new open box ananda stealth.

Jun 6, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #83 of 819
I just purchased a second hand he1000v2 with only about 10hours use aswell as a new open box ananda stealth.
I wish i had spare money to go to he1000v2, imo you not missed anything from nano then, he1000v2 like nano on stereoid, this nano it's really like budget/slim down version of he1000v2.

Jun 10, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #85 of 819
Yeah, I was tempted to try the XS despite already owning the OG Ananda already when XS was released due to some liking XS over the older Ananda, but reports of the fit deterred me and I already had similar experience with poor fit with their older, short-lived Edition XX collab with Drop, which I own but which requires a third-party headband attachment to not be too loose.
I'd definitely take XS over Ananda on sound.
And on fit as well, since the Ananda has no swivel, so it couldn't even seal on my head. The XS headband isn't great though, I'd agree; on the smallest setting it 'just' fits, but only just. Like the fit is good, but if it was any bigger it'd be unusable to me. And the padding on the headband is pretty terrible - just hard foam basically.

All that said, I'm quite curious what the Nano is like by contrast. Because honestly, out of the entire 1000 family thats currently available for sale, I almost prefer XS over all of them, mostly considering 1000v2 for the better build.

Jun 10, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #86 of 819
And on fit as well, since the Ananda has no swivel, so it couldn't even seal on my head. The XS headband isn't great though, I'd agree; on the smallest setting it 'just' fits, but only just. Like the fit is good, but if it was any bigger it'd be unusable to me. And the padding on the headband is pretty terrible - just hard foam basically.

All that said, I'm quite curious what the Nano is like by contrast. Because honestly, out of the entire 1000 family thats currently available for sale, I almost prefer XS over all of them, mostly considering 1000v2 for the better build.
Disagree, i preferred ananda over xs even the old version, the tonality just weird for me in the XS, but this just my preference, however for comfort im agree with you xs just better than ananda for me, i wish they can make xs headband system for ananda.

I bet if you dont like old ananda or 1000v2 you also have high possibility will not like nano.

Jun 10, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #87 of 819
Can't wait for another HE6, with thicker, more difficult to drive diaphragm. Just bring back the original 6-screw again. It was perfect. Why was it even discontinued..?
I think something happened to the factory, so they had to move production somewhere else, and couldn't recreate it, for whatever reason. So they had to change the name/version. Thats what I've heard at least - it was out of their hands, to an extent. That said, Susvara being basically the same at 5-6 times the cost, was not 'out of their hands'.

That aside, quite interested to see how the Nano and Organic fair agains XS and 1000v2

Jun 10, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #88 of 819
Disagree, i preferred ananda over xs even the old version, the tonality just weird for me in the XS, but this just my preference, however for comfort im agree with you xs just better than ananda for me, i wish they can make xs headband system for ananda.

I bet if you dont like old ananda or 1000v2 you also have high possibility will not like nano.
My favourites have been 1000v1 and XS which reminds me of the aforementioned. HE1000v2 was pretty good as well, but not as good as v1. Ananda just lacked the huge stage/scale that made the others so special to me.
I liked Ananda, it just sounded more normal/average, more compressed - but still a great headphone in its own right, just a different flavour.
To me 1000v1 and XS have a huge sense of scale/stage and an oddly natural sounding laid back presentation that just makes everything sound effortless. Thats what ananda lacked some of, and v2 had some, but less than v1.

Really hope the Organic or Nano returns to that sound.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #89 of 819

I've not heard the XS but I really dig my Ananda -- and I have the Edition XX, which is too big on my head without Dekoni Nuggets or an additional headband over the included one -- and I suspect XS would be similarly too big for my apparently-too-small head, whereas Ananda fits me very well, despite the lack of swivel.

I do like that the HE-1000v2 has swivel, but I really have no problem with Ananda's lack of swivel for fit on my head -- I suspect for others, it may be problem, though, which is why having swivel really is better as an overall solution IMO.

Jun 10, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #90 of 819
I do like that the HE-1000v2 has swivel, but I really have no problem with Ananda's lack of swivel for fit on my head -- I suspect for others, it may be problem, though, which is why having swivel really is better as an overall solution IMO.
Excellent in terms of sound, the Ananda have two structural defects in my opinion: the lack of rotation of the cups on the vertical axis and the impossibility for the user to change the flexible part of the headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back