Introducing HIFIMAN AUDIVINA--New Closed-Back Planar Headphones!
Apr 27, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #46 of 119
Apr 27, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #47 of 119
Apr 28, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #48 of 119
I'll just leave these here:

IMG_1874.jpg IMG_1875.jpg IMG_1885.jpg
IMG_1911.jpg IMG_1917.jpg IMG_1919.jpg
Frequency response.png

The curve is interesting. It has a 1k bump and the treble aligns with harman curve reasonably well. No wonder it sounds sweet for strings and concert type music. The roll off below 50 could make it less bass heavy, but 50hz-200 is still quite right which is where most of the orchestra drum pieces hit.

There dip in 300hz could pose some issues in baritone / alto (dare to try Brahm's Alto Rhapsody?) but for most of the opera roles might still be fine.

May 2, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #50 of 119
The Audivina has landed today on my desk from China. 6-7 days to England is a pretty speedy delivery I have to say. It is an honour to be the first reviewer, kicking off this Audivina Head-Fi tour. @TeamHiFiMAN asked us to share brief first impression upon arrival, so here we go:
- nice carrying case
- pretty wooden cups
- huge headphones, but feels surprisingly light
- quite a bit of sound leakage
- fairly neutral tuning
- surprisingly spacious sound, probably the most spacious closed back headphones I have heard to date.
I look forward to some listening in the next two weeks.
Thanks for the opportunity!

PXL_20230502_175453112.PORTRAIT.jpg

May 2, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #51 of 119
I received the Audivina today. They sound like cowwwwdunggg. I cannot share any more information before I return them as this site is being monitored. A few details what I mean by that and other problems - will be posted later, after I return them, but don't expect more than half a sentence, I was not going to torture myself with an extensive, in depth audition. One thing to rule out right off the bat - my equipment is more than adequate to drive them. The tone timbre is very similar to my Sundara, but to my ears the Sundara sound better, though slightly and insignificantly less spacious. I know this will be met with scorn (or be removed) - whatever....

Simonel

Attachments

• Audivina 1.jpg
    Audivina 1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Audivina 2.jpg
    Audivina 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Audivina 3.jpg
    Audivina 3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
May 2, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #53 of 119
😆

May 2, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #54 of 119
I received the Audivina today. They sound like cowwwwdunggg. I cannot share any more information before I return them as this site is being monitored. A few details what I mean by that and other problems - will be posted later, after I return them, but don't expect more than half a sentence, I was not going to torture myself with an extensive, in depth audition. One thing to rule out right off the bat - my equipment is more than adequate to drive them. The tone timbre is very similar to my Sundara, but to my ears the Sundara sound better, though slightly and insignificantly less spacious. I know this will be met with scorn (or be removed) - whatever....

Simonel
You know what, I don't care if they refuse my return as a retaliation, here is what I have to say: they sound thin and metallic, distorted and artificial. Do they need 1000 hours burn-in? The Sundara sounded fine right out of the box, and when I had the HE1000 no amount of burn-in changed the sound.

On top of that none of the supplied cables worked consistently and I had to use custom cables I have for the Sundara. The problem is with the 3.5mm headphone connectors - I had to fiddle with them to get any sound, and I was never able to get sound from both with the supplied cables, any of them. I compared the 3.5mm headphone connectors on my custom cables to the supplied ones and noticed that the connectors on all 3 supplied cables are slightly shorter!

I was going to upgrade to the HE1000SE, and if I didn't like them to the Susvara, but I'm beginning to get pissed at these flimsy connectors. This is pathetic.

May 2, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #55 of 119
On the West Coast, I got the Audivina in yesterday. I had dinner plans last evening, so they remain boxed up at home.

I'll mostly listen to them on a Cavalli Liquid Glass, Cavalli Liquid Gold, and Woo Audio WA6 (2nd gen.), all connected to a Bifrost 2 (OG).

I also have a THX AAA 789, Liquid Platinum, and a Liquid Gold X lying around at home. At my office, I have a Magni Piety, SW51+, and a CTH, all connectable to my Modi 3. Are there any other amps that people want me to try the Audivina on?

May 3, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #56 of 119
You know what, I don't care if they refuse my return as a retaliation, here is what I have to say: they sound thin and metallic, distorted and artificial. Do they need 1000 hours burn-in? The Sundara sounded fine right out of the box, and when I had the HE1000 no amount of burn-in changed the sound.

On top of that none of the supplied cables worked consistently and I had to use custom cables I have for the Sundara. The problem is with the 3.5mm headphone connectors - I had to fiddle with them to get any sound, and I was never able to get sound from both with the supplied cables, any of them. I compared the 3.5mm headphone connectors on my custom cables to the supplied ones and noticed that the connectors on all 3 supplied cables are slightly shorter!

I was going to upgrade to the HE1000SE, and if I didn't like them to the Susvara, but I'm beginning to get pissed at these flimsy connectors. This is pathetic.
Are you sure, you fully insert those headphone connectors? There is a little extra push and click when they are properly inserted. I also zoomed in to the connector on your picture and that seems to confirm my suspicion.

May 3, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #57 of 119
Are you sure, you fully insert those headphone connectors? There is a little extra push and click when they are properly inserted. I also zoomed in to the connector on your picture and that seems to confirm my suspicion.
You can totally see at least the right connector sitting at least 3 or 4 millimeters outside the socket!

May 3, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #58 of 119
You can totally see at least the right connector sitting at least 3 or 4 millimeters outside the socket!

@betula, yeah that is what I had in mind when writing my initial impressions, wherein I described how the cable adapter needed to be pushed into the socket until you hear a click.

Proper insertion (cable adapter almost flush against the earcup):
20230503_003129.jpg

Probable incomplete insertion from the above poster:
Audivina_3.jpg

May 3, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #60 of 119
@betula, yeah that is what I had in mind when writing my initial impressions, wherein I described how the cable adapter needed to be pushed into the socket until you hear a click.

Proper insertion (cable adapter almost flush against the earcup):
20230503_003129.jpg

Probable incomplete insertion from the above poster:
Audivina_3.jpg
That's embarrassing 😬

Users who are viewing this thread

Back