Introducing HIFIMAN EF600--Desktop DAC/AMP Featuring HYMALAYA Pro Modules
Oct 31, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #246 of 263
I am trying to do something and I can't find anything about it.

Is it possible to get a preamplifier function for EF600 in any way?

When I try connecting any speakers to it, they just run at full volume, I would need a pre function where the speakers would run at lower than max volume from the DAC, is that possible in any way?

Have you compared fiio k9pr0 and ef600? Is the ef600 probably better?

EF600 is more dynamic, more punchy, but K9 PRO ESS has lower background noise. Depends on what you want, EF600 is really punchy and engaging, K9 PRO is flatter and more laid back.

Nov 3, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #248 of 263
Got mine few days ago for a job setup, using it with HD800S for orchestral music, love the natural sound, good stage, decent image, nice separation, decent details, what more can one ask for the price? Excellent all in one

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 0
Nov 4, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #249 of 263
Got mine few days ago for a job setup, using it with HD800S for orchestral music, love the natural sound, good stage, decent image, nice separation, decent details, what more can one ask for the price? Excellent all in one
Yes I got mine a few days ago also i use it with a astell&kern dap & schiit loki mini plus love the sound. I also have the ef400 which I enjoy.

Nov 29, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #251 of 263
How much of an upgrade is it from the ef400?
To be honest sometimes I prefer the EF400 for sound specially on my arya stealth & lcd-x it tames the treble a bit better than the EF600 & sounds a bit closer to a hybrid tube amp.
But the EF600 still sounds great & has more connections to suit the schiit Lokius equalizer, it also has bluetooth which I use with the fiio pro bluetooth transmitter/receiver for TV/gaming.

Nov 29, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #252 of 263
To be honest sometimes I prefer the EF400 for sound specially on my arya stealth & lcd-x it tames the treble a bit better than the EF600 & sounds a bit closer to a hybrid tube amp.
But the EF600 still sounds great & has more connections to suit the schiit Lokius equalizer, it also has bluetooth which I use with the fiio pro bluetooth transmitter/receiver for TV/gaming.
interesting, thanks! I dont really like the ef400 so idk haha

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #253 of 263
New EF600 owner here, well sort of, don't get it properly until my birthday next week, but quickly tested to make sure it works.
Do you guys see an orange glow inside when looking through the top front vent?
Worried that it is not normal, is going to burst into flames and burn my house down! lol!

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #255 of 263
Does anyone tried It connected to a TV? I game mostly. As It doesn't have a remote controller, i'm thinking to connect It to the TV and use volume controlled by the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back