Introducing Lola, a new headphone from Blue Microphones
Dec 15, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #31 of 62
Yeah. I tried them again at Best Buy, same issues. Clamp hard on lightest setting, weight. Lola is lighter, I don't know about the clamp. Sound signature is decent, rather small sound stage. So I wonder if Lola improves on those things, then they're worth it. 

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #32 of 62
I just bought the Lola. Total impulse. They will arrive on Wednesday. I fully intend on wearing these out and looking goofy on the subway.

The NAD HP50 is my favorite closed back. I can do a direct comparison for you guys, if interested.

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #33 of 62
I just bought the Lola. Total impulse. They will arrive on Wednesday. I fully intend on wearing these out and looking goofy on the subway.

The NAD HP50 is my favorite closed back. I can do a direct comparison for you guys, if interested.

If you own the NAD's, then you don't really have a problem looking goofy!! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

LOL :wink:

I have the Lola's on my Amazon cart... waiting for them to go to a lower price or something... don't know if I'll bite. You know, I should just start to sell more of my gear!! Will do that.... now!

Keep us posted. 

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #34 of 62
If you own the NAD's, then you don't really have a problem looking goofy!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL :wink:

I have the Lola's on my Amazon cart... waiting for them to go to a lower price or something... don't know if I'll bite. You know, I should just start to sell more of my gear!! Will do that.... now!

Keep us posted. 

I discussed these with my trusted personal sales guy from sweetwater. He doesn't think the price will be lowered anytime soon, and the brand is not eligible for any sort of discount in their system. Seems like Blue wants to stay "boutique." I for one am fine paying $250, as that's what I paid for the NADs and these apparently sound even better.

I think the goofy look adds to the appeal. I didn't think that with the nads, those are just ugly haha

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #35 of 62

I, for one, would love to hear your take...give it a whirl...Thanks!!

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #36 of 62
200 would be a clincher ....let us hv theshooout betw this is n Nad:)

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #37 of 62

Definitely interested in the NAD comparison, as I'm a real fan of those as well.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #38 of 62
I'm also interested in the comparison. My wife just got me a gift card to Best Buy, and I'm looking for a good set of closed cans. I mostly listen to rock, but also some jazz and avant garde. I already have two very good open backed headphones (HE-400S and Fidelio X2) and I've got a good set of IEM's coming (the Trinity Atlas), so all I need now is a good set of closed-back over ear headphones.

I'm considering the HP50 and the PM-3, but at this price point I am interested to find out about the Lola as well.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #39 of 62
  I'm also interested in the comparison. My wife just got me a gift card to Best Buy, and I'm looking for a good set of closed cans. I mostly listen to rock, but also some jazz and avant garde. I already have two very good open backed headphones (HE-400S and Fidelio X2) and I've got a good set of IEM's coming (the Trinity Atlas), so all I need now is a good set of closed-back over ear headphones.

I'm considering the HP50 and the PM-3, but at this price point I am interested to find out about the Lola as well.

lol I too own the X2 (just bought a few days ago) and currently have the HE-400i..... I ALSO backed the Atlas, which I should receive next week.

Great minds think alike!

THe PM-3 seem to be "most portable." but I didn't like the dynamics... a little too flat for my tastes. I found the HP50 to be more impactful. I think any of the three would be awesome options, though. I'll give my initial impresssions of the Lola tomorrow, and a comparison of the NADs when I return home from the Holidays. You guys will likely see that on Monday or Tuesday.

Dec 22, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #40 of 62
Thanks!

I'm on the list for the PM-3 loaner program so I can try them. A big plus for them for me is they are wired for balanced output, so I could get a TRRS->TRRS balanced cable and use the balanced outputs on my Geek Out V2 and Pono player. On the other hand, I've heard about the flat sound and the pads aren't removable, so there are some cons. I'll have to see how I like it when I hear it.

If the HP50 or Lola give me better single-ended output, I may be okay going with them, since I have balanced open-backed headphones and IEMs. In an ideal world, I'd have balanced for all my headphones, but I'm finding that there are far fewer balanced options for closed-back headphones in the ~$300 price range.

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #41 of 62
***initial impressions, not a review***

About an hour ago, Lola showed up at my door. Where to begin...

Despite the large size and metal design, Lola's weight is far better than Mofi. The weight loss combined with the cool arms really and for a comfy headphone. And then... I turned on some tunes.

Bass: extremely tight, powerful, and can dig very deep. The first thing I threw on was NIN - Hesitation Marks. this headphone handled that album better than anything I've ever owned (and I'm currently using an iPhone as a source)

Mids: Based off of memory, the mids sound incredibly similar to the NADs. Vocals are rather forward with a warm sweetness.

Treble: again from memory, they sound a tad bit brighter than the NADs. Harshness/sibilance was non-existent

Soundstage: L<-----------------------wide--------------------R. The best I've heard for a closed back.

I don't think I've ever heard a better closed back. Usually you get good bass and treble while sacrificing mids, or great bass and mids with no treble. Blue manages to do all three with wonderful balance and clarity. I have yet to plug these into my X3 or desktop rig, but am totally blown away by the performance while using my iPhone 6S plus. They are easier to drive than my HE-400i, which shocked me.

Get these. Don't hesitate. Full review coming soon, along with a mini post directly comparing them to the NADs.

Merry Christmas, headfiers.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #42 of 62
Uhm, these look like an interesting headphone for me: Closed back, gorgeous looks and, by meringo's descripton, the sound signature look like what i'm looking for. And the pricetag seems OK, especially if amazon will ever grace us with a sale on them.

Definitely looking forward for more impressions/reviews and comparisons.

Oh, did i say these headphones look gorgeous?:D

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #43 of 62
They are huge, but look awesome :grinning:

I got mine through sweetwater. No tax, free shipping.

Dec 24, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #44 of 62
They are huge, but look awesome :grinning:

I got mine through sweetwater. No tax, free shipping.

Yeah, i don't mind the size, as long as they look good and aren't excessively heavy..

BTW, i have to save the money to buy the 'phones first (student's life :rolleyes: ), so, i'll have to wait till the end of january or even february anyway.

Oh, merry christmas!!

Dec 27, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #45 of 62
I wore them out today for the first time today. I received TWO compliments, one from a drug store clerk that thought they looked awesome, and another from an audio geek standing near me on the subway platform. 

I'm also happy to report that they isolate insanely well. These headphones just keep winning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back