Introducing the Astell&Kern A&ultima SP2000T
Aug 7, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #61 of 455
After the disaster of the Kann Alpha .. I am just wondering if with this flagship DAP A&K could fix some of their major issues :
1) Obsolete Wifi Hardware limited to 2.4Ghz of the last decade (almost incompatible with Wifi 6 routers)
2) Obsolete Android version with often many issues to access common music providers (Tidal, Qobuz, Apple Music, Amazon, ...)
3) Ultra limited app range (APK) without any access to most advanced players like Neutron Player, USB Player pro
2) totally limited PEQ and GEQ (like a limited toy compared to Neutron or Uapp)
3) Unstable AK Connect .. which disconnect automatically and randomly from the current play list or the connected upnp server. We have to re-select from the beginning the playlist.
4) Unstable Qobuz or Tidal ..

With the Kann alpha experience, I doubt such company can improve things... but we will see.

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #62 of 455
Yeah $2000 would've been great!
In my Opinion they have to change their Price Policy. They have to compete with the chinese Brands. It is just a matter of Time when the Sound Quality of the chinese Players is on the same Level and when you compare the UI of the top Chinese DAP's they are usually better.

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #63 of 455
In my Opinion they have to change their Price Policy. They have to compete with the chinese Brands. It is just a matter of Time when the Sound Quality of the chinese Players is on the same Level and when you compare the UI of the top Chinese DAP's they are usually better.

There are Chinese DAPs that already sound better than AK's DAPs. But then again, SQ is subjective to everyone.
With AK you are paying a premium mainly for the branding and design/build quality.

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #64 of 455
There are Chinese DAPs that already sound better than AK's DAPs. But then again, SQ is subjective to everyone.
With AK you are paying a premium mainly for the branding and design/build quality.
I am not so deep in DAP's. I could compare my AK SP1000 with Dx300 an Dx220 Max and in in my Opinion the AK sound slightly better, but in Terms of build Quality im not convinced from the AK. With the View of an Watch Collector the finish of the AK Case is a Joke. Everything is sharp. At least the frame is just a Piece of Metall that didn't cost that much. It is not rocket Science.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #65 of 455
After the disaster of the Kann Alpha .. I am just wondering if with this flagship DAP A&K could fix some of their major issues :
1) Obsolete Wifi Hardware limited to 2.4Ghz of the last decade (almost incompatible with Wifi 6 routers)
2) Obsolete Android version with often many issues to access common music providers (Tidal, Qobuz, Apple Music, Amazon, ...)
3) Ultra limited app range (APK) without any access to most advanced players like Neutron Player, USB Player pro
2) totally limited PEQ and GEQ (like a limited toy compared to Neutron or Uapp)
3) Unstable AK Connect .. which disconnect automatically and randomly from the current play list or the connected upnp server. We have to re-select from the beginning the playlist.
4) Unstable Qobuz or Tidal ..

With the Kann alpha experience, I doubt such company can improve things... but we will see.
Disaster?? Wait you use a brand called L&P... that is one of the most limited function/feature DAP I ever use.. I own one of their DAP but I dont really care about apk compability.. YMMV...

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #66 of 455
Man I just bought the se200. Still not arrived. This is right up my alley. Kinda wish I had known about it. Guess I'll save up for it.

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #67 of 455
This is interesting and could be my first AK DAP...

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #68 of 455
Pricing is still being finalized, but under $3,000.
Mm...good. Looking forward to impressions. Will it be an improvement or something else (like a sidegrade of the 2000)? I love my SP 2000 cu and a HUGE fan of Astell (beginning with AK 240, 380, 380 cu with cu amp, to sp2kcu) but if this is better.......

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #69 of 455
Mm...good. Looking forward to impressions. Will it be an improvement or something else (like a sidegrade of the 2000)? I love my SP 2000 cu and a HUGE fan of Astell (AK 240, 380, 380 cu, sp2kcu) but if this is better.......
Probably comes down to how much the addition of tubes is an improvement for your taste in sound

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #73 of 455
You may be surprised, what if it will be 2TB ? lol!! But I agree

I also see a new trend, where AK is triggering down in lower the prices , Cayin is raising it up 😂

Not only that, it gets inspired from iBasso mid tier in a quad DAC config for DX300 and Cayin N8 NuTubes... AK180 inspired from N6ii as well.
Now they just miss dual batteries :p

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #74 of 455
Not only that, it gets inspired from iBasso mid tier in a quad DAC config for DX300 and Cayin N8 NuTubes... AK180 inspired from N6ii as well.
Who said they are inspired by such ? They did a lot of researches and experiences to come out with such products!! Everyone is instead inspired by AK !!!
I am drinking my kool aid btw 😂
Waiting for KANN-D (Dual batteries)

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #75 of 455
Oh, I would not call the DX300 mid tier as you can't go by just price, that is misleading. And yes, they do work on the multiple dap system and some very interesting amp designs.

This dap should be interesting, hopefully, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back