Introduction to TY Hi-Z Earbud Family: Mega Review
May 30, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #61 of 94
I've added my review of the TY Hi-Z AWK-314P to the first post of this thread:

P1090455.jpg

May 30, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #62 of 94
I'm curious.. does 314p share any of qian39 layering and separation qualifies? Today i get back to my qian39 after 2 weeks break listening to vido and other earbud. Qian still blows me with it's very open sound

May 30, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #63 of 94
I'm curious.. does 314p share any of qian39 layering and separation qualifies? Today i get back to my qian39 after 2 weeks break listening to vido and other earbud. Qian still blows me with it's very open sound

I threw my Qian39 out. It was awful, I am starting to think the one I got was a dud. I think I might need to order another Qian39.

Jul 17, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #68 of 94
Jul 18, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #70 of 94
Maybe in 2 weeks we can get reliable comparison 150s vs 650. I asked Anyang and he said there will be other model after 150s. I remember resd somewhere theres 800 ohms in the making.

Aug 8, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #72 of 94
I'm glad I found this thread. I decided to try the HP-32 since a guy said they had more sub-bass than the VE Monks, and it was true. However the HP-32 besides having more sub-bass is less warm overall with sharper highs and more air. I'm wondering about the higher impedance ones, do they change the signature ? or it's just for matching with more powerful amps ? I'm particularly interested in even more sub-bass and more refined highs (right now I have to use the thick foam, which makes it less sharp but a little bit muddy). Anyway I considered one of the 150 ohm versions which is a good match for my amp, 320 ohm could work but maybe not as well and it's more expensive also.

Aug 9, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #73 of 94
I'm glad I found this thread. I decided to try the HP-32 since a guy said they had more sub-bass than the VE Monks, and it was true. However the HP-32 besides having more sub-bass is less warm overall with sharper highs and more air. I'm wondering about the higher impedance ones, do they change the signature ? or it's just for matching with more powerful amps ? I'm particularly interested in even more sub-bass and more refined highs (right now I have to use the thick foam, which makes it less sharp but a little bit muddy). Anyway I considered one of the 150 ohm versions which is a good match for my amp, 320 ohm could work but maybe not as well and it's more expensive also.
Please check the first page of this thread

Aug 9, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #74 of 94
Please check the first page of this thread

I read everything but I could not what I was looking for. He compares to the other DIY earbuds HE-150 and some physical aspects but no mention of frequencies or how do they scale (or not) as they get more impedance. So far from what I read I'd say they all have pretty much the same FR with minor speed and phase differences due to different magnet/voice coils.

Aug 9, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #75 of 94
He do talk about more refinement the more you go up in impedance. I only heard 314p and 150s. They have completely different sound signature. Same impedance but different model also exist. They have different sound/tuning as well.
No FR though... It's a guess game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back