iPhone 4 Line Out Volume Much Louder Than iPhone 3GS & Classic LO volume
Dec 9, 2010 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

elfary

Headphoneus Supremus
My father spilled some water over his iphone 4 and the wifi and hold button got broken so he turned it to me to get it fixed by Apple. Thus i've had it for a couple of days till UPS picked it up. During this unexpected time with an iPhone 4 i tried it's HPO and the LO as well. The HPO was as expected but what i did not expect was that its line out audio output (Through a Fiio Lod and an iBasso T3) was far more loud than the Line outs of both my iPhone 3GS and my 2009 iPod Classic.

Did anybody notice this ? I have not read about it anywhere and the difference in output power is as blatant as 5 ot 6 Dbs. Dunno what to think.

Dec 10, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 5
That's what i'm perplexed by. It's a huge difference in output. I simply did not expect that. When Apple delivers a refurbished or a new iPhone 4 i will drive the test again.

Dec 10, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 5
Nope. It does never work when the Fiio line out dock is connected. It does not work on any device (Classic, iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4).

Actually what i was really testing is if my fiio lod worked with the iPhone 4. And that's when the louder output volume struck me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back