Ipod 30G Classic, problems, fixable?
Mar 30, 2010 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

radiohlite

100+ Head-Fier
My brother recently got a new 160G Ipod and gave me his old one. I've never used an MP3 player (I'm still a CD person), so I know absolutely nothing about it, and this one has a bunch of problems:

Apparently it'll perform most of the time, but once in a while it gets stuck on a song and overheats (makes a clicking sound), and proceeds to completely drain the battery. After that if you charge it, it'll work for another while, until it happens all over again.

Is this something I can fix? Or should I just toss it? I don't mind spending something like $40 and under, but more is out of the question (I'm in line for some HD580s and an amp).

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 2
Sadly it sounds like the hard drive is on it's last legs. I don't know how much a replacement drive would cost. If you find it in your budget there are videos on you tube showing how do do the replacement. You also have to consider the state of the battery so you may get into this thing for $75-$100 when all is done. If you don't need the large storage capacity the hot player is the Sansa clip that has great sound quality and low cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back