ipod classic sold out nearly everywhere?
Jan 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Spillages

Head-Fier
So, after some searching I have found that nearly everywhere I try to order one they are sold out and are unsure if they will be restocked. MacMall employee stated that they have them on order for the 11th, but he had serious doubts that that will happen and not to get my hopes up. next best option is $300+ from apple or other retailers, or $200 refurbished. Which when it comes to mechanical drives, i stay far away from refurb units. Do you guys think the end of the classic line is finally here? What are some alternatives with high capacity?

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #2 of 11
I've seen Classics in stock in most stores, Bestbuy, Walmart etc should all have them. They're all about the same price, you might as well just get them from apple.

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 11
No local stores here have them. Walmart says they haven't had any in 6+ months. They dont even have a display set up for them.

Best buy has a demo model but none in stock. No price tag, nothing. In a city of 600k+ I'd suspect they'd restock.

Jan 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 11
So, after some searching I have found that nearly everywhere I try to order one they are sold out and are unsure if they will be restocked. MacMall employee stated that they have them on order for the 11th, but he had serious doubts that that will happen and not to get my hopes up. next best option is $300+ from apple or other retailers, or $200 refurbished. Which when it comes to mechanical drives, i stay far away from refurb units. Do you guys think the end of the classic line is finally here? What are some alternatives with high capacity?
Classic is $250 direct from apple, same as every store new not on sale... :) free shipping

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-classic-Black-Generation-NEWEST/dp/B001F7AHOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357103955&sr=8-1&keywords=ipod+classic
Sent from my iPad from Ultrasone Planet using Tapatalk HD

why? lol  save $10 and get it from a 100% guaranteed reputable source.... apple.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_classic

Jan 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
why? lol  save $10 and get it from a 100% guaranteed reputable source.... apple.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_classic

Nice!  I did not even check Apple.  From reading the post I thought the OP was stating that he checked everywhere but to no avail.

It's a shame if they are weeding them out due to the new Touch.  Solid player with great storage....They were selling on Amazon for the better part of the year at $218 steady.  Maybe time to pick up a backup just in case the end is near with the 7G.

Cheers!!!

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Nice!  I did not even check Apple.  From reading the post I thought the OP was stating that he checked everywhere but to no avail.

It's a shame if they are weeding them out due to the new Touch.  Solid player with great storage....They were selling on Amazon for the better part of the year at $218 steady.  Maybe time to pick up a backup just in case the end is near with the 7G.

Cheers!!!

Especially since it still works with all the traditional 30-pin cables and docks, unlike the newest Touch/iPhone/iPad......

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #10 of 11
I sure hope it lasts or they make a big flash based player.  I got the newest ipod touch, and I'm going back to the classic.  I'm keeping the touch too, because now I can't live without it. haha.  But I'm getting a classic from my friend for the music.  I can't do 64gb.  Just way too much sacrifice of song storage...

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #11 of 11
I ordered on Amazon on Wednesday along with my m80s and chose one day shipping. My m80s showed up yesterday, iPod doesn't even have a tracking number so i assume it hasn't shipped. I think they may be out of stock. I will call later to find out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back