iPod Dock Recommendations?
May 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

KingOfTheWild

Formerly known as kingalekay.
Hello everyone, I would like to hear some iPod dock recommendations. I want an iPod dock like the B&W Zeppelin Mini or something else in that price point so $300 is my budget . . . the Zeppelin Mini is on my list of possible iPod docks to get but I don't really want to get it cause it's been around since 2009 and I'm sure that B&W has plans to put out an update or a replacement for the Mini since its 2012 and all. I don't want to get it just to have B&W update it. I just want a regular old iPod dock . . . not one with all kinds of bells and whistles (that means no iPod docks with stuff like Airplay . . . I don't want that feature). So those are my rules . . . I just want an iPod dock that plays music reasonably well and has a remote that's it . . .  any recommendations?

EDIT: I was looking at this product: http://www.harmankardon.com/EN-US/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?PID=MS%20150 but it doesn't seem to have a remote so you would have to control everything from the buttons on the thing itself.

May 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 4
So do you want a remote also?....it's not listed in your rules. I also am wanting a dock with a remote and am thinking of getting the $20 deal at amazon. I myself feel cable quality is snake oil to a certain extent. I have a zune with a remote dock that I use in my bedroom setup and am quite pleased with it. I want to use my touch on my back deck setup. That setup isn't an audiophile quality setup so I think the $20 job will fill my needs there. When I want to do critical listening on my main system I listen to albums or cd's. What kind of setup are you going to use this on?

May 9, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah I forgot to include that in my rules you're right . . . I will do that after this comment and in answer to your question: my setup is definitely not an audiophile setup. That's why I want to buy an iPod dock and not better speakers like I don't know bookshelf speakers. If I had a nice setup I would probably buy something other than an iPod dock.

EDIT: I probably should have put this thread in the Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers & Accessories forum shouldn't I have? I think I might post this same thread in that forum and see if I get more responses . . . what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back