Is Beyerdynamic T1 right for me ? [Little help please :)]
Apr 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Flisker

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'am trying to gather as much information as possible, before buying these headphones.

Read lot of positive reviews on them and thinking about giving them chance (buy them without auditioning first)

Headphones I enjoy most are Senns HD650 and Grado SR225i. I love dynamics, when I can feel the kick of bass , "resonance" of guitars etc.

Headphones I didn't like much are HE-400 - too laid back,harsh treble , AKG K701 - too big soundstage no dynamics/feeling for me from these.

As an amp I'll be using Schiit Lyr.

Do you guys think T1 is worth a shot in my case ? Or would you think of some other headphones with superb dynamics, bass kick and HD650 like mids ?

Also anybody knows if there was any change in manufacturing process ? I mean actual serial numbers are over 11 000 and I usually see around 2000-3000 on used T1's. So I'am curious if sound quality is still same.

Thanks for every input :wink:

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 3
Nobody ? 
size]
 Looks like these are not so common headphones.

Apr 9, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Nobody ? 
size]
 Looks like these are not so common headphones.

Try posting in the official thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/508836/the-official-beyerdynamic-t1-owners-club-appreciation-discussion-thread/3765

They are very popular.

I had the Grado 325 which is the model up from the 225 which you have. Compared to the Grado sound, the T1 is more warm, much fuller Mids, better bass. I found the Grado lacking bass, too harsh treble, and metallic sounding. I'm selling the T1 because I want the bass response of a closed headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back