Is Dan Clark Audio still in business?
Aug 7, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #16 of 23
Well, it's great you are getting good service from DCA, I am not. So your unique experience does not solve my unique problem.
I can understand your frustration. I'm sure @mrspeakers will help you out when they see this.

Aug 7, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #18 of 23
Aug 7, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #19 of 23
Well, good to know that they prioritize expensive cans over cheaper ones. /s
Try calling them, because what you're implying isn't true at all. I have had no problems getting service for my Aeons.

I think he was being sarcastic with that remark about expensive and cheaper ones, hence the "/s" at the end. Guess it's more of a reddit thing.

Anyhow, I hope OP can get this sorted out. It's possible your emails have been going to their spam folder for whatever reason, but it could be they miss on some emails as well with maybe how busy their customer support has been (but this shouldn't be an acceptable reason for not responding for too long especially for a customer support team IMO).

Aug 7, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #20 of 23
Problem resolved.

Got a response (after copying Dan ....sigh). It looks like they shipped the replacement parts but just didn't respond to my emails.

Aug 28, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #21 of 23
I have not had any issues with response either. Usually a couple of days. Agree with checking trash or spam folder. Also agree with COVID causing short staff. In speaking with Sue they are only coming into shop when needed.

Aug 28, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #22 of 23
Well, good to know that they prioritize expensive cans over cheaper ones. /s

I guess they should state in their ad that you get premium service if you buy ether but peasant service if you buy Aeon.

They were very responsive when I contacted them about a potential problem with my Aeons around March this year. They responded quickly to my initial email and to follow-up emails. And Dan Clark is a genuine enthusiast it seems and pretty active on the forums. I certainly don't get the impression of an indifferent company. They seem to be generally pretty good at customer service.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #23 of 23
I can tell you the best about DCAudio's customer service. I had 3 emails with Sue in May/June and she responded very promptly within the same day, as long as there was no time difference between Western USA and Europe. Very friendly, helpful and courteous! No absolutely satisfied, one can only praise!

Then there are completely different examples, also from noble manufacturers in Europe and also USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back