Is it a fake IE8 from Ecost? only $240
Oct 31, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 17
I think you should check the sennheiser website for authorized dealers. Anyway, great deal. I would be surprised if these were not legitimate. Ecost is a good place to buy electronics.

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 17
ecost is legit. They have sales on the IE8 once in a while for around that price before it goes back to MSRP.

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 17
BTW, the only thing that is keeping me from jumping on this deal is the poor isolation of these iem's. Without good isolation, I don't see much purpose for an iem. In that case I would wear my KSC-75.

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #7 of 17
wow it's going for 215 now, anyone has the link for the list of authorized seller?

edit : found it but there's no ecost in it but there's some members who stated that sennheiser said they are authorized.

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #8 of 17
I'd hate to break it to you, but its $244 with the shipping. When I saw that $215 figure I nearly flipped too
blink.gif

Quote:
wow it's going for 215 now, anyone has the link for the list of authorized seller?

edit : found it but there's no ecost in it but there's some members who stated that sennheiser said they are authorized.

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #9 of 17
Are you sure shipping is that much? Ecost usually has pretty reasonable shipping costs and I just checked the shipping cost. Its around 10-20 dollars depending on if I want UPS ground or 2nd day.

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #10 of 17
lol its okay... it's still cheaper than razordogdeals at that price. God im in a dilemma, im pretty sure ie8 is my next iem but im trying not to spend so much as i still wanna get a wallet
frown.gif

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #11 of 17
The ie8's are $234 + $10 shipping. The $215 figure in red is the discount you receive from retail cost.
Quote:
Are you sure shipping is that much? Ecost usually has pretty reasonable shipping costs and I just checked the shipping cost. Its around 10-20 dollars depending on if I want UPS ground or 2nd day.

Yeah, me too. I was planning on the copper's as my next step, but I've always wanted to try the IE8's, as they look awfully comfortable and are least likely to cause serious injuries if I faceplant on my snowboard.

Quote:
lol its okay... it's still cheaper than razordogdeals at that price. God im in a dilemma, im pretty sure ie8 is my next iem but im trying not to spend so much as i still wanna get a wallet
frown.gif

BTW: does anyone know if these are easy to fall asleep with? I'm looking for something that doesnt feel as awkward as the MD's when on a side

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #13 of 17
Not really. Their price when it goes down is about what you saw yesterday. Have you looked at Amazon? There's a seller selling refurb units at under $200.

Nov 5, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
BTW, the only thing that is keeping me from jumping on this deal is the poor isolation of these iem's. Without good isolation, I don't see much purpose for an iem. In that case I would wear my KSC-75.

sigh. if you have music playing on the IE8 there won't be any bad isolation

Nov 5, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #15 of 17
I got my IE8s from eCost for around $240, I think they may have gone as low as $220.  I emailed Sennheiser and they told me that eCost is an authorized dealer. 

Now it's 8 months later, and I'm still loving my IE8s.  I enjoyed the Westone 3 but sold them after I got the IE8 because I liked the IE8's cable more--for me, it's less microphonic when running.  The minimal microphonics may also be the result of the IE8s sealing less sound out.  The cable is just incredible, I sleep with the IE8s almost every night (hehe), I stuff them in my pocket on occasion, and there's still no sign of fraying.  They're pretty comfortable to sleep with when laying on your side because of the flat faceplates, but they stick out of my ears a little more than the W3, which were more comfortable for me to sleep with.

Does anyone know where you can buy a replacement stock IE8 cable?  Craig from Whiplash is making one of his awesome TWag cables for the IE8, which I may get if the cable ever frays (and I'm past the warranty).  But for me the stock cable is a big reason why I love the IE8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back