is it just me or...
Oct 1, 2007 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

kugino

Headphoneus Supremus
are there others disgusted with the recent increase in pictures of people's ears showing off their custom IEMs?

ears are gross. and i hate reading a thread and then being hit with this god-awful picture of someone's ear. NSFW? how about NSFS. please, no more pictures of your ears...yes, you're happy with your new custom IEMs...but we do not need to see your or anyone else's ears!
plainface.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are there others disgusted with all the pictures of people's ears showing off their custom IEMs?

ears are gross. and i hate reading a thread and then being hit with this god-awful picture of someone's ear. NSFW? how about NSFS. please, no more pictures of your ears...yes, you're happy with your new custom IEMs...but we do not need to see your or anyone else's ears!
plainface.gif

i know what you mean, thats why i am dodging kramers ear wax removal video just posted!! - lol

i am not too bad, but i guess for some its a bit squeamish.

like my ex who couldnt bare peoples feet!!
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
revere the ear

your a poet and you didnt know it!

some cultures also like to stone people to death for stealing, so whats good for the goose aint always good for the gander!

its like me, i cant bare the feel of dry cotton wool in my hands.

your deal may be that you dont like spiders or snakes or whatever...

each to their own-isms.
blink.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #7 of 25
Ears are gross?
eek.gif

Is it because of wax or something else?
Regularly visiting an audio board and being grossed out by ears is kinda like being on an eyeglasses site and feeling queasy with eyes, no? There's also a p()rn joke I could make here.
Anyway, what other body parts bother you?

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 25
There's nothing gross about ears... nothing at all.

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ears are gross?
eek.gif

Is it because of wax or something else?
Regularly visiting an audio board and being grossed out by ears is kinda like being on an eyeglasses site and feeling queasy with eyes, no? There's also a p()rn joke I could make here.
Anyway, what other body parts bother you?

umm, no. ears from afar or covered by various large headphones is perfectly fine. but those close-ups of the ear with all that nasty hair and other stuff? gross.

other body parts that bother me? i think i'll wisely evade this question...
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #11 of 25
Fortunately I've been spared all these pictures since I don't like IEMs so I don't read those threads.
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its like me, i cant bare the feel of dry cotton wool in my hands.

That set my teeth on edge just reading it
plainface.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #13 of 25
How about if this board were taken over by a bunch of old showoff pedicurist? Would you guys want to see close-ups of well-kept, striated, fungal-yellowed toenails? How about a video of me apply underarm deodorant? I proud that I use deodorant, but I'm not going to make you watch. It's all the same to me.

I agree, enough macro ear photography. It’s icky. I can’t help but to imagine the person subsequently removing their IEM's with a loud sucking sound and wax dripping everywhere. I also agree that from afar it's fine; it's those clinical photos I'd rather be spared.

Groddy.

Oct 1, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #14 of 25
Agreed,; Why oh why must these nonphoto sensitive young guns show off their junk to the unsuspecting photo sensitive thread openers amongst us
wink.gif

Personally, I never gave it a passing thought before and only thought of it as being educational, actually.....

Team: Ears should be heard an not seen
wink.gif
lol

Oct 1, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #15 of 25
Oh goodie...another "Is it just me or" thread. I personally find closeups of some dude's ear to be disgusting whether there be an IEM in it or a finger. On the other hand, closeups of some nice looking woman's ear is A-OK with me. OINK!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back