Is it worth getting a Fiio E9 if you have a Fiio E7 with Senn's HD555
Nov 29, 2011 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Minks007

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I have HD555 and E7 and I think its a great set up esp with high quality flac recordings. However I have a question for those who have the HD555 and Fiio's E7 & E9.
Is it worth getting an E9 if you just have an E7? That is to say does it improve sound quality to a reasonable degree, and if so how?
Does it improve clairity and seperation or does it merely improve sound amplification?
Would love to hear people's opinions on this matter since I've been undecided for quite some time since reading conflicting opinions; primarily that since the 555's are a sensitive pair of phones they don't need amping and other people generally saying it does improve sound dramatically.

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 7
How does your sound improve with just the e7? Do you notice a difference when using the e7 as an amp?

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
Hi,
I have HD555 and E7 and I think its a great set up esp with high quality flac recordings. However I have a question for those who have the HD555 and Fiio's E7 & E9.
Is it worth getting an E9 if you just have an E7? That is to say does it improve sound quality to a reasonable degree, and if so how?
Does it improve clairity and seperation or does it merely improve sound amplification?
Would love to hear people's opinions on this matter since I've been undecided for quite some time since reading conflicting opinions; primarily that since the 555's are a sensitive pair of phones they don't need amping and other people generally saying it does improve sound dramatically.

I've never used them.....but.
Two things the E9 has over the E7.
The E9's Headphone amplifier chip is considered one of the best.
The E9 is AC powered it has more juice for powering everything.

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 7
I wouldn't bother with spending that much on an amp for HD555 unless you plan to upgrade to a more power hungry can in the future.

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 7
I dont have either, but you probably will see very minor or no difference at all since i think the 555s are only 50ohms.  But if you upgrade to some better headphones like the hd 650s which are 300 ohms, you'll see major improvements with the E7+E9.

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #6 of 7
I'd say the improvement is in the clarity of the sound, the quality. The audio sharper and purer, instruments more detailed, and also my onboard sound pretty much sucks. Without the E7 the static hiss is unbearable.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #7 of 7
I dont really think the e9 would do much more for your cans as they are not hard to push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back