Is Spotify compatible with an usb dac on Android 8?
Feb 2, 2019 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Azsampako

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of m50x and since they sound pretty bad from my (android) phone I decided to get an amp/dac Fiio Btr1k. The fiio device can be used wired or wireless, but I don't know if I can use its dac function through bluetooth and I don't know if I can use it connected to my phone through usb while listening to spotify.So can you please inform me about the forementioned things.Also if I can't use an usb dac with spotify what other music players can you recommend me? Thanks in advance :)

Feb 2, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #2 of 5
Kind of confused here. Do you want to use the Btr1 to connect to another amp?

Feb 3, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #3 of 5
I have a pair of m50x and since they sound pretty bad from my (android) phone I decided to get an amp/dac Fiio Btr1k. The fiio device can be used wired or wireless, but I don't know if I can use its dac function through bluetooth and I don't know if I can use it connected to my phone through usb while listening to spotify.So can you please inform me about the forementioned things.Also if I can't use an usb dac with spotify what other music players can you recommend me? Thanks in advance :)

If you're transmitting via BT you're transmitting digital, so the Digital to Analogue Converter on the BTR1 is working. It doesn't work as just an amplifier. Its DAC is always running.

Also if you're just using Spotify and not FLAC or any lossless or high res files, BT has enough bandwidth to not use downsampling on the fly.

Feb 3, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #4 of 5
-buke9
Sorry for the confusion, I want to use the btr1 with my phone(no second amp or anything), I just didn't know if the dac was running if I used it through bt.
-protege maniac
Thanks for clarifying. On the name of the product it was stated that its an amp/USB dac so I assumed the dac worked only through usb. I also heard some stuff on the internet that spotify doesn't play songs through usb and I got worried.

Feb 3, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #5 of 5
On the name of the product it was stated that its an amp/USB dac so I assumed the dac worked only through usb.

They're just assuming that anybody reading it already knows that BT transmits digital audio.

I also heard some stuff on the internet that spotify doesn't play songs through usb and I got worried.

That depends on the phone. If the phone doesn't support USB Audio natively and requires a specific app like UAPP with its own USB audio drivers, then no, it won't work, since the phone can't do it except through that app. If the phone supports it on its own then any app playing on that phone will go through USB audio output. All my and my Dad's Samsungs sinc the SGS3 transmit USB audio natively and Spotify worked on all of them (on top of Neutron and Media Monkey).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back