Is there a Headphone with Grado like high end clarity with AT- M50 quality bass?
Jul 12, 2013 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BrNexus7

New Head-Fier
I was wondering if there is a pair of over ear headphones that offers both great high end detail while producing solid bass impact as well? It seems to me either headphones give you great high end clarity with weak bass, or strong bass with weak highs.  I would think there has to be a set that does both jobs well? As far as mids go neutral, or a slight recess is fine with me. 

I don't want to have to sacrifice one for the other. Strong bass and high end detail are important to me. Though, I don't want the bass to be boomy and I don't want the Highs to produce sibilance. 

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 6
dt990 maybe? although the mids will seem recessed...

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #3 of 6

Just for illustration purposes...

also shows the lower treble/ upper mids will be  recessed vs the sr80 ( you never specified which grado lol)

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #5 of 6
I owned all three at one time lol

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 6
I've had the same problem as the OP.

The DT990/600 was indeed recessed in the mids but the biggest problem was how the sub-bass interfered with the mid-bass.  It all became too much .... bass.

The planars i have had don't have the dynamic treble that I like.  Maybe the teslas, like the T90, would be a solution but I haven't heard any of those designs enough to be certain.  I did hear the Stax 007, MK1 once and it was impressive but now we're talking large $.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back