Is there a Speaker-Fi forum?
Feb 6, 2008 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

MatthewK

100+ Head-Fier
This site is the #1 source for headphone related stuff, but what about for home speaker setups? Does anyone have a recommendation for an audiophile forum that's centered around home speakers and home speaker amps?

Thanks in advance.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #2 of 21
All that comes to my head is avsforums.com. I seldom visit that site though since speakers are just beyond my price range. And $ 9,000 for speaker cables being suggested???! Wow...

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xoen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All that comes to my head is avsforums.com. I seldom visit that site though since speakers are just beyond my price range. And $ 9,000 for speaker cables being suggested???! Wow...

biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, $9000 for speaker cables!
eek.gif

Well I already have some good speakers (and decent enough cables!) but I'm interested in getting a better amp, I have a pretty wimpy one at the moment.

You can put a price range down and requirements on Audiogon forums. You will very quickly get a nice run down of what people like and go from there.
When I went shopping for a stereo setup I used those quite a bit just to get a taste of things - chose what particularly rolled my boat and went looking for more in-depth comments. Quite a bit of fun shopping like that, and I pulled off a total hit with my fairly bohemian speaker setup =] (... audiophile bohemian, still ran me about 2 grand for speakers/amp...)

Feb 7, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #13 of 21
av123.com
very friendly forum and excellent speakers!

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #15 of 21
The info is spread out and each site has it's own population both good and bad. I recommend finding something you like and auditioning it at a local store if there is one around. A lot of the stuff people swear by I've written off after listening to it. Trust your ear's, especially with how much money goes into a speaker rig and buy used
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back