Is there any way to demo custom IEMs without committing to the purchase?
Feb 6, 2019 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

romnation

100+ Head-Fier
One of the biggest things that have held me back from buying custom IEMs as opposed to normal ones is it seems like there are no return policies in place that allow an easy free return within 30 days if not satisfied, etc. Is anyone aware of any companies doing this? I'm worried I will be stuck with some IEMs I don't enjoy or aren't a good match for the rest of my gear if there is no way to return them.

Feb 6, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 4
Not that I know of. A lot of them make universals for CanJams and the like and don’t if they make them available to test drive.

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 4
One of the biggest things that have held me back from buying custom IEMs as opposed to normal ones is it seems like there are no return policies in place that allow an easy free return within 30 days if not satisfied, etc. Is anyone aware of any companies doing this? I'm worried I will be stuck with some IEMs I don't enjoy or aren't a good match for the rest of my gear if there is no way to return them.

If you go to audio events like CanJam they have universal fit demo versions that have bores you can fit tips into.

Just note that while the diameter of the bore tube will be the same as on the custom version, the tips around that bore and the way they fit in your ears are still not exactly the same as what you would get with a proper custom molded shell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back