Jaybird Freedom Eartip Adapters
Aug 22, 2016 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

faudiobutkovich

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am new here. I recently bought a pair of jaybird brand freedom f5 bluetooth earbuds. I really like them so far, but being a previous listener of klipsch, I really like the "patented" oval shaped silicon eartips klipsch uses they are extremely comfortable! I had designed 3D printed adapters which allow you to use the klipsch eartips with the jaybird earbuds. My question is would anyone here on this forum be interested in such a product? To my knowledge no one else out there has done anything similar. 

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 4
The only things I can think of that come close to your solution in terms of usage are custom molded eartips, but those are pretty pricy and a somewhat different market niche, and the tuning rings Dunu includes with some of their IEMs. My concerns with your adapter include how they have to be specialized for different types of IEM nozzles, since the 3D printing material is not usually flexible or pliable, and how they would work with especially large diameter nozzles, since the adapter wouldn't be able to shrink the nozzle to help a special type of eartip fit better. Also, is there a locking mechanism that secures the adapter to the nozzle? If not, there is a distinct possibility they could fall off and get lost easily due to the small size.

Aug 23, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 4
Hello! Thank you for your insight! I agree with you it would be quite a challenge developing conversion adapters for many IEMs out there with the many proprietary designs. The ones I have made are specifically for the Jaybird Freedom F5 model and slip over the end of them like the ordinary eartips, but then it tapers down to the proprietary nozzle klipsch uses which allow you to snap on the oval shaped eartip. Sound pass-through is decent with only a slight loss in volume since the drivers are a small distance further away from your eardrum. Comfort is the key! Which is considerably improved! To address your concern of the adapters falling off or getting stuck in the ear, I have already thought of this and have designed them to be a loose fit over the earbud as to not damage them, however the solution to achieving a snug fit is to wrap a single turn of ordinary vinyl electrical tape around the earbud. This creates a snug fit that the adapters have never came separated from the earbuds in my testing. As I am a new member I do not yet have permission to post photos, however if you'd like a visual representation of what I am describing you can go to shapeways.com which is a credible 3D printing service which I had them 3D printed through, and in the search look for "Jaybird-Klipsch Eartip Adapter". 

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 4
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-pair-Size-large-memory-foam-replacement-ear-tips-for-Jaybird-Freedom-F5-/262840410611?hash=item3d328261f3:g:UtwAAOSw8w1X-lGU

i bought these for mine ... work great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back