JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV
Dec 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #76 of 1,931
I'll be honest, I got the Roxanne's after reading that they'd be the flagship of the siren series and thinking JH was a fairly reputable company. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my purchase and they were also my first customs. But seeing the announcement of the Layla, at $1000 more and as a new flagship, I'll no longer be a returning customer. Especially after hearing the noble k10 and seeing some of the designs and finishes for them... If I wanted a complement to the Roxanne's with a flat detailed frequency that'd be my choice and at $1k cheaper I'd go it no questions asked.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #77 of 1,931
Much as I enjoy my CF Roxannes, I cannot recommend JHAudio as a company I'd ever do business with again. While I'm sure they're nice people who love their families and are kind to animals, they seem to have not the first clue about actually running a business that has to satisfy paying customers. Any such enterprise has to A) develop the product (which JHA can do, not to mention promoting it:wink: B) manufacture and deliver the product in a timely manner (FAIL:wink: and C) keep the paying customers informed while they wait for half a year or more (HUGE fail with the Roxannes.)

The Rox roll-out was a CF (not carbon fiber, but cluster ******,) and if you read other threads this seems to be a pattern with new products from JHA. Heck, this might be a good time to order Roxannes, or something else they've been making for a while. But as for their new latest and greatest, I would only sign up if I was A) a real rock star who cannot be ignored and whose butt must be kissed; B) a masochist who enjoys being ignored and having his butt kicked; or C) Jude.

I'm sure Layla is a very fine IEM. But I'm walking the other way. Briskly.  

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #79 of 1,931
  I will wait for the 20 drivers ones in the future when they are on sale :)
Got too many stuff within this year and still digesting them..

I love my current ciem's, so I think I will wait for the $5000 Peggy Sue's (coming late 2015). 
biggrin.gif
   Seriously, I'm sure the Laylas are wonderful and hope they don't have the production issues of the past.

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #80 of 1,931
I'm jumping off the hype train on this one.  Nice try with the innuendo laden review and pandering to the largely male readers.  If the only discernible reason for such a price hike is just to set the cost-bar higher for bleeding edge and not a critical examination of the R&D then it's time to search for a more reputable brand to vouch for.  I don't doubt the sheer capacity for innovation that JH brings to the table but the product pricing comes off as arrogant to the point of narcissistic.  The frequent inability to demo before purchase is already off-putting enough.

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #81 of 1,931
Meh.

Can't keep up with technology. But at this price, I wouldn't want to. JH Audio business practice is going to lose them a lot of fans I'm sure but I'm sure the profit margins in Layla and Angie alone will soon offset that.

Bit disappointing as others have remarked, given that Jerry did state that the Roxannes would be the head of the pack of the Siren Series.

Ah well, Noble probably just gained a lot of customers from this announcement - and it cost Noble nothing. Now that's advertising working for you!

Oh... and didn't Jerry say "flat is boring"?

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #83 of 1,931
My god, it's so funny how butt hurt people get when something "supposedly" better is out. You still own a flagship product, it doesn't suddenly sound worse now. Either you are not happy with your current purchase, or you are delusional in an endless pursuit of unobtainable perfection. By that reasoning, progress should just stop so that we can all be content with our current possessions and not be tormented. I'm in here our of sheer curiosity with no intention of buying what so ever. Still perfectly content with my Roxanne.

Oh and by the way, JHA is not responsible for the pricing. We are responsible for the pricing. Roxanne was around 50% higher than the previous flagship, and they got more orders for it than they could handle. The experiment succeeded. Now any person with an ounce of business acuity would price the new flagship 50% higher again.

The question here isn't why do they cost $2500? The question is... why not?

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #86 of 1,931
My god, it's so funny how butt hurt people get when something "supposedly" better is out. You still own a flagship product, it doesn't suddenly sound worse now. Either you are not happy with your current purchase, or you are delusional in an endless pursuit of unobtainable perfection. By that reasoning, progress should just stop so that we can all be content with our current possessions and not be tormented. I'm in here our of sheer curiosity with no intention of buying what so ever. Still perfectly content with my Roxanne.

Oh and by the way, JHA is not responsible for the pricing. We are responsible for the pricing. Roxanne was around 50% higher than the previous flagship, and they got more orders for it than they could handle. The experiment succeeded. Now any person with an ounce of business acuity would price the new flagship 50% higher again.

The question here isn't why do they cost $2500? The question is... why not?
Sure... They are perfectly honest and it's all our fault.

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #87 of 1,931
LOL at all the people saying that they are going to be moving to Fitear...smh you get absolutely no customer support from fitear unless you live in japan/asia, any contact you do get is in japanese, and if you live in NA/EU its such a hassle having to go through a third party importer just to get the frickin things. Also no warranty at all. And FYI fitear and all those other jap companies don't care about their foreign customers, why anyone would want to do business with a company that holds that mindset just boggles my mind.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #88 of 1,931
I am so glad that i went for the UM Mentor and not the Roxxane... this was the biggest slap done ever in Head-Fi, i really feel sorry for those who ordered the Roxxane thinking ti will be the flag ship and it will last for years

JH should reward you guys, Head-fiers are always the 1st one who spend their money for the sake of the flagship, then they review and make these product even more famous and reccoment it to others as well, and thats how JH treat them?.....

i guess for him he don't mind losing some customers since he saw that many non head-fiers were ordering the Roxxane and don't mind seeing something new.... 

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #89 of 1,931
I guess I don't get it - when I make a purchase it is for the sound - not the spot on the lineup - technology moves on - if you wait for the "pinnacle" you won't buy anything. The Pinnacle is a moving target.

No one's Roxanne just started to sound like crap - if anything, Roxanne owners have bought a 12 Driver CIEM from JH Audio that probably sounds like 98.99% of the Layla and saved almost 40%.

There are two ways to look at almost anything - I prefer my beer stein half-full.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #90 of 1,931
I guess I don't get it - when I make a purchase it is for the sound - not the spot on the lineup - technology moves on - if you wait for the "pinnacle" you won't buy anything. The Pinnacle is a moving target.

No one's Roxanne just started to sound like crap - if anything, Roxanne owners have bought a 12 Driver CIEM from JH Audio that probably sounds like 98.99% of the Layla and saved almost 40%.

There are two ways to look at almost anything - I prefer my beer stein half-full.

Unfortunately, most people want that moniker of having the best there is. It's human nature. How many people have actually took the model that's a step down into consideration? Everyone is guilty of this, myself included, so I can't blame anyone for being disappointed upon realizing that what they got just a couple of months ago is no longer the best, like promised. JH Audio marketed the Roxannes as such, and no one likes it when a company lies. Tack on the issues with production, and it could potentially make your blood boil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back