JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV
Dec 19, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #106 of 1,931
When they announced the Layla i am sure they are doing R&D on the next product. Its the only way to keep up with competitors. Especially the top 3 company's if your competitors have a new product you better have something because we all want the latest and greatest. Everyday there finding new and better ways of technology.

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #107 of 1,931
  When Roxy first came out and introduced Siren Series, JH himself mentioned everywhere, have faith in us, the Roxanne will be the flagship of Siren Series no matter what so you will have the best in Siren Series.

Disgusting.... Just disgusting.. I am not against anything. He can have all the patterns and introduce all new monitors every month I don't care but don't screwing lie to your customers who pays over a grand and wait 6 months for a custom in ear monitor.

Owning the custom Roxannes, I agree with this assessment.

I'll be honest, I got the Roxanne's after reading that they'd be the flagship of the siren series and thinking JH was a fairly reputable company. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my purchase and they were also my first customs. But seeing the announcement of the Layla, at $1000 more and as a new flagship, I'll no longer be a returning customer. Especially after hearing the noble k10 and seeing some of the designs and finishes for them... If I wanted a complement to the Roxanne's with a flat detailed frequency that'd be my choice and at $1k cheaper I'd go it no questions asked.

I think it's time for Roxanne owners to speak up about their disappointment. I myself will be calling them on monday and ask for some explanations of this "new flagship" and will ask for something to be done to accomodate me.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 19, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #108 of 1,931
What if it was the opposite way around and they never made new products. They would go out of business fast. These customs are geared toward live performers and engineers. For the price an engineer works for a big label probably and they would have no problem spending that kind of money on equipment.

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #109 of 1,931
What if it was the opposite way around and they never made new products. They would go out of business fast. These customs are geared toward live performers and engineers. For the price an engineer works for a big label probably and they would have no problem spending that kind of money on equipment.

The new top of the line is supposed to be designed for audiophiles. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #110 of 1,931

I think it's time for Roxanne owners to speak up about their disappointment. I myself will be calling them on monday and ask for some explanations of this "new flagship" and will ask for something to be done to accomodate me.

yeah you should do so - judging by your iems/phones , you really are starving and had trouble gathering money for your roxannes

this thread is really funny , seeing so many spoiled 'princesses' inside 'audiophile' bodies whining like JH audio is their dad's company

Hilarious.

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #112 of 1,931
popcorn.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #113 of 1,931
The Layla was designed for mastering studio monitoring

I know that is what is said in the link for the introduction of the monitors but they are being sold through AK sellers, so that seems to be for people using daps, since the AK240, 120 and 100 are all daps and it appears, the IEM's are designed for this audience. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #114 of 1,931

And Roxanne owners are still getting the best of JH audio. First of all, they are two completely different products. The Roxanne was designed to be a stage monitor while the Layla is made for studio monitoring. They both have 12 drivers. IDK what y'all getting your panties in a bunch for. Probably just the $1000 price hike over Roxanne making people feel insecure. I bet if the layla was priced same or close to roxanne price the people here wouldn't be whining.

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #115 of 1,931

There's probably no bashing Noble because Noble owners aren't feeling like their regular (?!!) K10's are already being technologically replaced by a new flagship.  And I get the capitalism thing, so JH can charge whatever they want, as can Noble with the Prestige.  If someone can afford them and buy them, it's all good.  I personally have a saturation point with upgrades, but I know that point varies with the individual.

There is no bashing at Noble because the pool of owners (K10 & Roxanne) are size-wise of a different magnitude. Noble is more boutique - JH Audio doesn't need Head-Fi to make its numbers.

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #116 of 1,931
yeah you should do so - judging by your iems/phones , you really are starving and had trouble gathering money for your roxannes

this thread is really funny , seeing so many spoiled 'princesses' inside 'audiophile' bodies whining like JH audio is their dad's company

Hilarious.
And you visibly dislike people who have money and can afford to buy stuff, as if they had stolen this money. Not hilarious at all, more sad.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #117 of 1,931

There is no bashing at Noble because the pool of owners (K10 & Roxanne) are size-wise of a different magnitude. Noble is more boutique - JH Audio doesn't need Head-Fi to make its numbers.

True, so the implication here is that Noble is more apt to keep happy customers who post here because it wants and needs its customer base of Head-Fi'ers.  JH audio generally shows less concern for customer service, as Head-Fi'ers would be representative of the broader JHA customer base.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #118 of 1,931

Hilarious.

Listen, I work in the business of hi-fi, helped HiFiMAN make it to Canada and have worked at audio shows for Sennheiser Canada. Those are some of the reasons I have such an inventory, and yes, I did save quite a bit on everything I purchased!

As for the Roxanne, I have no ties with the company, and decided to save up and purchase them as I am a music lover and can justify spending a one time sum to have the greatest. Had the Layla been proposed last year, I'd of just opted for those. The reason I am upset it because I've had the Roxanne for about 6 months now, and waited about 7 before getting them. Had I known in the first place, I'd of just waited it out and avoid the hassle of the lingering wait time, sending in for refits, making a warranty claim on defective parts, etc.

In the end, I just feel that the Roxanne was a poorly carried out market experiment and I happened to be a guinea pig among many others. JHA is a capital-driven company to my eyes

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #119 of 1,931
  Listen, I work in the business of hi-fi, helped HiFiMAN make it to Canada and have worked at audio shows for Sennheiser Canada. Those are some of the reasons I have such an inventory, and yes, I did save quite a bit on everything I purchased!

As for the Roxanne, I have no ties with the company, and decided to save up and purchase them as I am a music lover and can justify spending a one time sum to have the greatest. Had the Layla been proposed last year, I'd of just opted for those. The reason I am upset it because I've had the Roxanne for about 6 months now, and waited about 7 before getting them. Had I known in the first place, I'd of just waited it out and avoid the hassle of the lingering wait time, sending in for refits, making a warranty claim on defective parts, etc.

In the end, I just feel that the Roxanne was a poorly carried out market experiment and I happened to be a guinea pig among many others. JHA is a capital-driven company to my eyes

first of all , i appreciate your civilized answer - i also dig canadians people , i think you are a cool nationality.

second , just sell the damned roxannes , be happy you can have such a nice iem/phones arsenal and buy a new iem that suits your music needs best.

i find for instance than noble is selling thin air to the prestige customers and i see so many people there kissing noble's ass , it's also hilarious.

it all comes down to 3 things - what sound you are after , how much money you have to spend and how stupid/smart consumer you are
wink.gif

cheers
beerchug.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #120 of 1,931

first of all , i appreciate your civilized answer - i also dig canadians people , i think you are a cool nationality.

second , just sell the damned roxannes , be happy you can have such a nice iem/phones arsenal and buy a new iem that suits your music needs best.

i find for instance than noble is selling thin air to the prestige customers and i see so many people there kissing noble's ass , it's also hilarious.

it all comes down to 3 things - what sound you are after , how much money you have to spend and how stupid/smart consumer you are
wink.gif

cheers
beerchug.gif

Haha, I understand your points. I think everyone here is somewhat obsessive about the hobby. Truth be told, I do love the Roxannes albeit the whole ordeal behind it; it's by far my most used piece since I'm always commuting and skateboarding in the summer.

It's just natural to have a sour taste in the mouth when what you bought was praised to be the best, quickly ends up not being the case. Jerry Harvey said it himself that there would be 7 Siren series IEM's, and that Roxanne would be at the top... It's basically a blatant lie.

We'll let JHAudio address its consumers, and see what happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back