JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Mar 31, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #1,909 of 2,420
Hello, I would appreciate some advice on upgrade.

I have Angies, which I have been using over 2 years already with NW-ZX2 and I was quite happy with them.... Until today, when I bought Ibasso DX200 and listened to Layla. I have very good offer to upgrade my Angies (basically trade in them) to custom Layla.. I am quite tempted to do this)) I am trying to figure out what exactly I get with this upgrade..

After Layla has been for a while, and I am quite sure there were many comparisons and reviews made with rivals such TG-334, Kaiser 10 and others, how Layla stands against best in-ear headphones and what are those (almost) certain benefits I get by upgrading from Angie?

Thanks!

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #1,910 of 2,420
@salavant

I have custom Angie and compared them to Layla 2 uni at canjam. Layla is like Angie supercharged. Slightly better in all areas. However for the money Angie wins, or lime ears Aether I would take over Layla.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #1,911 of 2,420
@salavant

I have custom Angie and compared them to Layla 2 uni at canjam. Layla is like Angie supercharged. Slightly better in all areas. However for the money Angie wins, or lime ears Aether I would take over Layla.

Thanks for reply. Could it be that you have custom Angie (which are better than universal ones), the difference is "slightly" better? When I tried to listen to universal Layla they sounded noticeably better than my universal Angies.. so probably going from universal Angie to custom Layla would be quite an upgrade?

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #1,913 of 2,420
Thanks for reply. Could it be that you have custom Angie (which are better than universal ones), the difference is "slightly" better? When I tried to listen to universal Layla they sounded noticeably better than my universal Angies.. so probably going from universal Angie to custom Layla would be quite an upgrade?

Yah could be, I did play around with tips and got a good fit. I think the custom layla would be even better. Certainly a totl iem!

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #1,915 of 2,420
today's April fools is tomorrow's 9000 usd Jh flagship......

Haha, I was almost going to say that. Just wait a few years and see this thing becoming a reality. 

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #1,918 of 2,420
WARNING: People with neck and upper spine problems should not use this IEM.Any digestive issues may be problematic with this much low end. Too much smooth bass may cause pregnancy (or labor, if already pregnant). Do not be duped by claims more is better. Do not use in a crowded area as this IEM may cause hearing damage to those nearby.:smile::smile::smile:

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #1,919 of 2,420
Jude just mentioned on Head-fi TV that the new JH Audio Lola is his favourite in the whole JH line - presumably that means he thinks the Lola is better than Layla / Layla II. Although everyone has his own preference, the fact that these words come out of Jude's mouth goes a long way. Thoughts?

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #1,920 of 2,420
I think Layla is more of a reference IEM and Lola is more of a musical IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back