JH / Westone / UM 2-pin IEM plug help
Nov 17, 2014 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Loquah

Headphoneus Supremus
I've just received a new set of Noble IEMs and have a beautiful DHC cable which was made for my UM Miracles. The cable is designed for a recessed 2-pin IEM socket and the Nobles have a flush mounted 2-pin, but it's the same socket in essence.

The DHC cable fitted the UMs perfectly, but it's too tight to fit into the Nobles. I can get about 1mm of the pins into each IEM, but I can't seat the pins fully into the sockets on the Noble.

Looking at the original Noble cable, the pins are the same length and (to the naked eye) are the same diameter. The only difference I can see is that the Noble pins are gently rounded at the tips while the DHC pins are basically flat.

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this? I.e. filing the pins down slightly, using lubricant of some sort to insert them, etc. My final option is to reterminate the cable with a new set of pins that fit, but I'd prefer not to if I can avoid it.

May 5, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #2 of 2
Did you get an answer to this? My first thought is you need digital caliper which can read both inner and outer lengths. I'm currently researching up to build my own balanced for my JH (re-shelled) 13FP (V1). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back