JM Audio Editions XTC Headphones
Apr 27, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #196 of 1,230
Apr 27, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #197 of 1,230
The folks at ASR are naysayers about anything and everything that doesn't meet their narrow-minded criteria and test methods, as well as never actually listening, which is why we buy audio equipment in the first place. If I were JM I wouldn't care what they think. After all, we don't call up our friends and say, "I just got a pair of new XTC headphones. You cannot believe how well they measure."

Apr 28, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #198 of 1,230
@John Massaria A member of AudioScienceReview strongly disagrees with some of your innovation research. I think it would be great for you to chime in and have an open exchange of ideas to clear things up:

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jm-audio-xtc.44210/post-1572778

Thanks!

I'm confused. Isn't the very next post in that thread, the one by whatyougot, exactly what you are asking for here? Isn't that John Massaria responding at length to the OP?

Apr 28, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #199 of 1,230
Jeremiah 5:21:

‘Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not’.

Singer Ray Stevens is given credit for writing the phrase:

“There is none so blind as he who will not see,” in a line from the song “Everything Is Beautiful.”

If you are in denial nothing will open your mind to the possible. It is easy to be a critic but much harder to practice.

I had a pair of Kennerton Gjallarhorn GH50 JM Edition phones and JM modified them to Mark 2 status. It was simple to hear the change in sound which included the spatiality promised by the fractal mesh JM installed. I hear a lot of these same sonic characteristics on the JMAE XTC-Closed.

John, don't let the naysayers who have no data to prove their points deter you from your efforts in sonic improvements.

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #200 of 1,230
Jeremiah 5:21:

‘Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not’.

Singer Ray Stevens is given credit for writing the phrase:

“There is none so blind as he who will not see,” in a line from the song “Everything Is Beautiful.”

If you are in denial nothing will open your mind to the possible. It is easy to be a critic but much harder to practice.

I had a pair of Kennerton Gjallarhorn GH50 JM Edition phones and JM modified them to Mark 2 status. It was simple to hear the change in sound which included the spatiality promised by the fractal mesh JM installed. I hear a lot of these same sonic characteristics on the JMAE XTC-Closed.

John, don't let the naysayers who have no data to prove their points deter you from your efforts in sonic improvements.
thanks it’s the user who can say the truth

May 1, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #201 of 1,230
May 1, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #202 of 1,230
anyone with the XTC have a channel imbalance? Mine seem to have a louder L channel; R channel seems to be quieter and not as loud, making all of the music shift to the left side. Not a deal-breaker, but it is definitely noticeable. I tried with both included cables and it is present in both. Emailed John to see if I can fix it myself...I know he will make things right. The ordering process was a breeze and he made things super easy to decide on.

May 1, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #203 of 1,230
anyone with the XTC have a channel imbalance? Mine seem to have a louder L channel; R channel seems to be quieter and not as loud, making all of the music shift to the left side. Not a deal-breaker, but it is definitely noticeable. I tried with both included cables and it is present in both. Emailed John to see if I can fix it myself...I know he will make things right. The ordering process was a breeze and he made things super easy to decide on.
Did you try reversing the input cables to your amp to see if the imbalance followed the cable swap? Also, you can try reversing the cables to the phones to see its effect. I have had amps in the past that caused the imbalance. I agree that JM will work with you to make things right.

May 1, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #204 of 1,230
all of my other headphones I have ever tried have never had an issue, but I will try that now....

they do sound different, but the channels are swapped: R is left, L is right channel. the vocals do seem to be coming from the center, but the music doesn't sound as detailed as it does with the cables connected to the labeled channels.

May 2, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #206 of 1,230
update:

John contacted me almost immediately to troubleshoot the issue. I listened with my RU6 last night and it seems like the channels sound in line now. using my SA-1, it definitely sounds better than yesterday; maybe I was having an ear infection or something...

Thanks John for your awesome support!

May 6, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #207 of 1,230
The folks at ASR are naysayers about anything and everything that doesn't meet their narrow-minded criteria and test methods, as well as never actually listening, which is why we buy audio equipment in the first place. If I were JM I wouldn't care what they think. After all, we don't call up our friends and say, "I just got a pair of new XTC headphones. You cannot believe how well they measure."
Dan Clark stated that he is hesitant to publish measurements because people think they know how a headphone sounds based of the measurements. This is so true. I care what people who have used a headphone have to say about that headphone to help me decide wether to give it a try or not. Measurement Lemmings are so closed minded.

Participated in buying some JM audio editions open back bio wool headphones with 4 pin xlr determination. Can’t wait for them to arrive he will keep me updated with pictures while the headphone is in production.
Congrats, let us know what you think about them!

May 6, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #208 of 1,230
Dan Clark stated that he is hesitant to publish measurements because people think they know how a headphone sounds based of the measurements. This is so true. I care what people who have used a headphone have to say about that headphone to help me decide wether to give it a try or not. Measurement Lemmings are so closed minded.
You would say the measurements would be bad per se

May 6, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #209 of 1,230

Users who are viewing this thread

Back