Jude...NYC April 13-15 Show...Anything in the works?
Jan 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

JerseyD

1000+ Head-Fier
NYC Audio Show April 13-15.   Any head gear on display?  Mini Can-Jam?  Anyone have any info?  Thanks.

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #2 of 14
I am going to the NYC Show.  I hope it will be interesting?

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 14
Hello,

Is the venue in a standard location every year?  If so, where will it be held?

Thank you,
Steven

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #5 of 14
evidently headfi has no interest in NY  shows as I usually do not get answers regarding any shows in the future or not. For some reason Jude may be content going to  Toyko and Denver. Oh well. Stereophile does a great job with their shows and would be nice ot get up there to meet JA

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #6 of 14

Quote:
evidently headfi has no interest in NY  shows as I usually do not get answers regarding any shows in the future or not. For some reason Jude may be content going to  Toyko and Denver. Oh well. Stereophile does a great job with their shows and would be nice ot get up there to meet JA

Each roving CanJam was put on not by Jude but by a group or 4-8 headfiers (that have significant history with the boards and a track record of running meets) with several hundred hours to dedicate to the task. The teams each assembled committed to the task and then proposed the location to Jude. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #7 of 14

Quote:

headfiers that have significant history with the boards and a track record of running meets with several hundred hours to dedicate to the task.

To bad no one in the NY area fits that criteria. 

Feb 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #8 of 14
If there is a NY/NJ show, I'll be there. Last year it was in Queens at a small hotel with two disconnected rooms and no way to buy food or beverages conveniently. although there were plenty of tables available and some really nice head-fi'ers.

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
x2 on really hoping someone steps up and helps organize a meet soon. 

Here you go NYC meet thread June 2nd 2012

http://www.head-fi.org/t/598488/official-nyc-meet-sat-june-2nd-2012#post_8185507

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #11 of 14
For all those going to THE SHOW in NYC at The Waldoff Astoria, I would like to let you know that Lyric Hifi on Lexington Ave and E 82/83 St is also having it's own THE SHOW.  I got invited to the VIP days and nights on Thursday and Friday April 12 & 13.  Then on April 14 & 15 Lyric will be open to the public for it's THE SHOW.  I also heard the Stereo Exchange will be having their THE SHOW as well; following the same format as Lyric.  It looks like it will be  a great four days in NYC.  Stereo Exchange is located on Broadway and Laffayette in Manhattan. 

You can google it all for more information.

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #12 of 14
Evidently Woo Audio will be there also. I got a personal invitation from them on 04/04/12. Letting me know that they would be there from 04/13 - 04/15 Friday to Sunday :The Waldorf Astoria, Room # 15A. (originally Rm #1532, upgraded to Rm # 15A-supposedly much larger.) Address is: 301 Park Avenue, New York, N.Y. 10022.  I will definitely be there and bring a few things myself, I really hope there will be a good turn out.

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #14 of 14

Quote:
Don't recognize too many of the exhibitors when it comes to headphones..  think Woo Audio and Red Wine Audio are the only two..

I can confirm that Woo was there with lots of stuff and cans (love their amp + stax 009, didn't listen to anything else but lots of tables) and Red Wine was there with an amp + LCD3 which sound good but aren't my cup of tea.

Two DAC sources that might interest folks here include the Bricasti M1 (fantastic feeding Harbeth speakers) and the Da Vinci (feeding Pass amps and Wilson Sashas).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back