Just got Pink Floyd's "Momentary Lapse in Reason"
Jun 21, 2001 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Neruda

Banned Moderator
It's very good, considering that Waters was not involved
smily_headphones1.gif
. There are several very good songs, some that I can't stop listening to. It's very 80's sounding with electric drums and stuff but I really like it; it's no Wall of course, but I like it more than the Final cut. Right now my favorite songs are "learning to fly," "One Slip," and "Sorrow." Oh, by the way, it's a good recording.

Jun 21, 2001 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 33
Neruda,
Don't feel bad, very few people "liked" The Final Cut. More so it seemed Waters heavy issues caused the split. Thats just MHO, for what it's worth.

Have you checked out "Meddle" yet?
cool.gif

Peace,
Andrew

Jun 21, 2001 at 6:20 PM Post #3 of 33
yes! it's an awesome album. It's my only pre-darkside album of theirs I have right now. I'm thinking that I'll have to check out something like ummagumma or atom heart mother now, but I don't know how good they are. I'll probably find out soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2001 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 33
You might also want to try 'Saucerful of Secrets'. I am currently getting geared up to convert some vinyl to MP3\wave. Now that the headphone bug has bitten.

Have you ever heard of Armageddon <not the suk movie
biggrin.gif
> or more likely Triumph? They both have some fantastic material that will rip mediocre headphone systems to shreds, as well as ears.

Hopefully, I'll get to it soon

Peace,
Andrew

Jun 22, 2001 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 33
Pink Floyd was way before their time! I still think that Pink Floyd is nothing without Roger Waters. I still love "Animals" and think it's one of the best "drug" music albums ever!
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2001 at 3:14 AM Post #6 of 33
"Momentary Lapse Of Reason" was my first Pink Floyd album! I loved all the songs you mentioned. I have to add "The Dogs Of War". "Learning To Fly " was also very good. Gives me the feeling of wanting to be free. Free from the shackles of this world and the demands of society. The best track for me however was their instrumental in "Terminal Frost". I don't know why but everytime I listened to that one I get lost in a feeling of desolation and isolation. Pretty much summed up a certain period in my life. I'll never get tired of it.

Underrated album IMO.

Jun 22, 2001 at 2:35 PM Post #8 of 33
Wait - bear with a young un' for a moment here - how does meddle compare to dark side? I have the latter and LOVE it.....

Jun 22, 2001 at 3:12 PM Post #9 of 33
put on Meddle, dim the lights, spark one up, put on headphones, turn up volume, Slide into a sonic landscape that will take your breath away. IMNSHO , one Pink Floyd's best albums.

In a ancient quote "Try it, you'll like it."

Peace,

Jun 22, 2001 at 7:07 PM Post #10 of 33
Meddle is very good but IMHO not as good as dark side. The song "fearless" is incredibly good, and so is "echoes," but Dark side has this unrelenting force and orchestrated emotion to it that almost none of there other albums were able to even come close to. Do you have the Wall yet? If not, get that. You may not like it at first, but after a while you'll really get pulled into pink's world (and you should rent the movie that goes with it, that helps a lot). If you want, read this analysis of the album. It's long, but even just a quick glance at each section will give you a good idea of what the album's about. http://members.surfsouth.com/~breezy/

Jun 22, 2001 at 11:59 PM Post #11 of 33
Hey neruda - that's pretty helpful, comin from an idiot like yourself
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2001 at 1:54 AM Post #13 of 33
coolvij, I take it you meant to respond to the pink floyd thread but accidentally hit "start new thread?"
smily_headphones1.gif
Let's see if I can fix it...

Jun 23, 2001 at 3:49 AM Post #15 of 33
whoops......look who's the idiot now?
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back