Just got the dt770-80's, they're alright, but I'm after a different sound
Dec 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

r0teiro

New Head-Fier
I received the dt770-80's today and I'm not really satisfied with them. From what I've read, I don't think I'll ever be even after amped/burn-in. So I'm looking for something new with input from you guys.

I listen to stuff across the board but right now it's predominantly electronic, soul, jazz, hip-hop, post-rock, and indierock/alternative.

I'll be driving them from an iphone 6 and a macbook pro (2010). might consider an amp but the simplicity of less equipment would probably be preferred.

What I'm looking for in a headphone is:
<$150
engaging and fun
non-fatiguing
isolating
comfortable
full sounding

What I liked from the dt770's:
resolution
comfort
isolation
construction

What I didn't like:
hollow
tinny
not very engaging

Headphones I'm most familiar with are:
portapros - using these now and they seem like a lesser form of the px-100s. would like them to be more clear and have more complex bass
akg k81dj - were alright, nothing too much to complain about, but at the same time kinda forgettable
ksc75 - liked the sound of these A LOT, they were engaging, I liked the brightness but they were too fatiguing with sibilance (if I remember right)
px-100 - if I remember correctly, it was the best overall because it didn't fatigue and fell only a bit short of the ksc75's sound

what you got?
much appreciated 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back