JVC HA RX700 Amp
Jul 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yesshh

New Head-Fier
So, I have a pair of JVC HA RX700 that I bought for use with a digital piano a while back. Since then I was looking for a headset for teamspeak and online gaming, but found that I love the sound of these headphones on the computer and didn't want to invest in a new headset when I could easily add a Zalman ZM Mic1, which I did.

I am enjoying the setup.  I may be purchasing a modmic soon, but I am still enjoying the headphones.  I have never had headphones that sounded this well.  Which is probably what's keeping me from buying nicer ones.

I was wondering though... If I use these headphones with my computer and my Galaxy Note/Microsoft Zune, do I necessarily need an amplifier?  And how do I know if I need an amp?

I saw the cheap Fiio E6 and E11, and if it would be a worthwhile investment, I think I will get one, but if it's not, then I would like someone to save me from the waste of money.

If anyone can educate me, please do so.  Not an audiophile, but this place is definitely growing on me. (Bank account begins to cry)

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't think an amp will help you that much atm. Once you invest more in headphones (apologies to your wallet), the amp will probably have more effect on sound.

As a side note, the E11 is pretty well regarded for it's price, but the E6 doesn't really do much more than boost volume/bass.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I don't think an amp will help you that much atm. Once you invest more in headphones (apologies to your wallet), the amp will probably have more effect on sound.

As a side note, the E11 is pretty well regarded for it's price, but the E6 doesn't really do much more than boost volume/bass.

I believe that's the conclusion I have come to.  I may also look at the E7 since I will be using for my gaming mostly.  Maybe I should look into headsets since the audio will be all scrambled anyway (teasmpeak, game, pandora, etc.).

I will do some more reading, sometimes active discussion is a better learning process for me though.

I guess I need to look into the options of 1) RX700s + mod mic  vs 2) Insert Random Headset Here.

Do headsets not sound as well as headphones in general, or is something specific in their production that can be achieved with the right headset?

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Sorry I don't use and am not well versed in headsets. Typically though, manufacturers have their strengths in only certain areas. For example, Sennheiser makes great headphones, but Alo Audio is renowned for their portable amps. I'm willing to bet you can get better quality from dedicated headphones and the mod mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back