JVC HAFX1X vs JVC HAFX3X vs Denon AH-C300?
Jan 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ShibeSuchBass

100+ Head-Fier
So today i finally got my JVC HA-FX1X's which i paid $18 for and i found out they are broken, the right earphone is making a rattling sound when there is bass. I'm a big bass head, but also want clear mids and highs. They were alright, bass was kinda better than ive experienced in the past, but not as big and hard hitting as i hoped, still worth the $18 if they werent broken. So im going to send them back and get a refund. I can get another pair for only $10 here and i know those will be for sure legit, because it is a link straight from JVC's online buying options for the FX1X's. 
I can instead get the FX3X's for $33 here on amazon, or around $60 msrp. Thing is, i dont know what the real differences are between the FX1X and FX3X, so i want to ask here what the difference is as far as sound goes. Is the bass deeper? harder? mids? etc.
OR i can instead go for the Denon AH-C300's which a lot of people say are great, but i doubt they are all that great. How do they compare to the JVC FX1X and FX3X? I would only go for them if they are truly worth the $80, if they have much better bass, more clear sound, etc.; if theyre just much better in general, but i want a lot of bass and i also need clear sound, no muffled mids/highs, no muffled sound or feeling in general! (I think the proper term is recessed instead of muffled? I think the point is clear though)

So please help me pick out of those, i would rather go for the FX1X or FX3X because theyre like $50 cheaper than the Denon's, and that is a lot of $$ right now to drop extra on some earphones for me. If i am convinced that the Denon's are really worth the $80, i might try them, please dont lie or exaggerate, i dont want false hopes like ive been having lately, i want to know what i am really getting into.

P.S. I am totally open to other recommendations if you feel you have any.

Please leave any feedback and help at all. Thanks! 

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi, you might have already chosen a pair! What did you take? If you haven't yet, just go for Denon C300, you won't believe it until you hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back