[KA3/KA13] FIIO X JADEAUDIO USB DAC DONGLE
Nov 9, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #676 of 899
I found a review that points out that there is something special about the C to L cable that comes with the Fiio KA13, they say that when using that cable the power output is much higher than other cables. And it doesn't even get hot like other cables. This makes me feel happy because I accidentally own a high quality cable from Fiio that I'm not sure I can buy outside.

The review is in Chinese, just translate it: http://www.audiotop.net/newsinfo/6376404.html
I’m using the fiio LT-LT3 cable I already had and it works fine on the KA13, but power limit with the fc4. Maybe I’ll try the cable that came with the KA13 with the fc4 to see if it helps.

Nov 10, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #677 of 899
Also, my LT-LT3 cable doesn’t get hot at all, but the cable is almost double in length. The shorter the cable the better. Or maybe it’s chipped better ?

Nov 10, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #679 of 899
More like would I care enough about the difference in performance to make me want to keep an $800 box on my desk versus being content with an $80 dongle. The thing with audiophilia is that once you get used to a certain level of quality, it's hard to be happy with anything less :)
True!

Nov 10, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #680 of 899
Did you test the power output with the Stock KA13 cable? Is it any different with your FC4 ?
Not yet, will tomorrow. After reading that info will def try tomorrow.

Nov 10, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #681 of 899
Did you test the power output with the Stock KA13 cable? Is it any different with your FC4 ?
No different with the KA13 short cable on the fc4. Battery on iPhone at 47% and won’t power the fc4.

Nov 14, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #682 of 899
Our nominal power must be correct. Are you using a balanced connection? In a balanced connection, 550mW output power @32 ohms. and in 3.5mm headphone out is , 170mW output power @32 ohms.
Do you have a spec for BAL-out max power @32 ohms when NOT set to desktop-mode? Thanks!

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #684 of 899
One other thing I'm wondering about, as I've never tweaked this on other DACs: is the digital filter selection saved in the device itself - will the filter I selected still be used if I plug the KA13 into some other host that's not running any FiiO app?

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #685 of 899
Prob a default filter or none at all. I’m interested to know too.

Nov 15, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #686 of 899
One other thing I'm wondering about, as I've never tweaked this on other DACs: is the digital filter selection saved in the device itself - will the filter I selected still be used if I plug the KA13 into some other host that's not running any FiiO app?
It's okay. The filter setting is saved inside KA13. It doesn't matter if you switch to mission equipment.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 16, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #687 of 899
Can the KA13 adequately power HD6XX headphones? I recently purchased a pair. I'm currently running it out of a Lenovo Thunderbolt docking station. No idea which DAC its using or power output. It sounds good, but not sure what I'm missing? I've never owned a separate dac/amp before. I'm also an Iphone user. I would mostly be using at my desk with my laptop, but also it would be nice to have some portability and use with my Iphone in bed. Don't need it for outside the house though.

I'm debating between the FiiO KA13, BTR15 and K7BT. Obviously different use cases, but not quite sure what would be best.

-KA13 - seems to have the power, but too good to be true? Would I be sacrificing sound quality?
-BTR15 - BT and battery are nice features for portability, along with the ability to put it in PC mode to bypass the battery, but does it have enough power?
-K7BT - significantly more expensive and less portable, but would it sound significantly better?

Thanks in advance for helping out a noob trying to get better sound out of the music they love without breaking the bank.

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #688 of 899
Can the KA13 adequately power HD6XX headphones? I recently purchased a pair. I'm currently running it out of a Lenovo Thunderbolt docking station. No idea which DAC its using or power output. It sounds good, but not sure what I'm missing? I've never owned a separate dac/amp before. I'm also an Iphone user. I would mostly be using at my desk with my laptop, but also it would be nice to have some portability and use with my Iphone in bed. Don't need it for outside the house though.

I'm debating between the FiiO KA13, BTR15 and K7BT. Obviously different use cases, but not quite sure what would be best.

-KA13 - seems to have the power, but too good to be true? Would I be sacrificing sound quality?
-BTR15 - BT and battery are nice features for portability, along with the ability to put it in PC mode to bypass the battery, but does it have enough power?
-K7BT - significantly more expensive and less portable, but would it sound significantly better?

Thanks in advance for helping out a noob trying to get better sound out of the music they love without breaking the bank.
K7=larger voltage swing for the HD6XX that love voltage.

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #689 of 899
Well, this thread (and the 11.11 Sale) finally convinced me to order the KA13. Recently got the K11 for my desk and love it, so I'm hopeful the KA13 will take care of my mobile needs. Thank you all for the reviews, impressions, opinions, and advice! And thank you, AliExpress for the great deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back