KEV G
Mar 4, 2017 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

KEV G

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello everyone at Head-Fi, first time post and would like to start off by giving a big thanks to all on Head-Fi for all the reviews, posts and advice I have read so far. This journey all started when my phones memory just couldn't keep up anymore, so I thought I would buy an iPod classic only to find out Apple had discontinued them. So I started looking at other options and discovered DAPs, had a look round on the internet and decided to go for the Ibasso DX50. I thought that would be an end to it, but how wrong was I. Now have the DX80,DX200,Fostex TE05,Grado 325e and the Ibasso IT03 with the CB12 balanced cable(couldn't resist getting the upgrade cable for the DX200) Big thanks to Apple!!!! Always loved my music and even more so now. Have been using my DX50 at work for a couple of years,5 days a week,8 hours a day and its never skipped a beat. Considering I'm a painter & decorator and covered in dust and paint every day, including the DX50. This is why I like the Ibasso build quality, very solid. I use Soundmagic E10s for work, had them over a year now and they are unrecognisable with all the paint on them but like the DX50 they keep on playing. In my local guitar shop, one of the guys said I had become an audiophile. Didn't realise that I had drifted into this expensive hobby, or should I say fascination or way of life or just, welcome to the dark side
gs1000.gif
. Going up to Milton Keynes tomorrow for the Head-Fi meet, even bringing my son with me. I think he is on the brink of the dark side, i'll bring up the DX200 and its little brothers just incase anyone fancys a listen and I would like to try out some headphones/iem's. Just one more pair, thats all I need. Who am I kidding !!!! Really like the look of those shiny green Andromedas 
blink.gif

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 2
  Hello everyone at Head-Fi, first time post and would like to start off by giving a big thanks to all on Head-Fi for all the reviews, posts and advice I have read so far. This journey all started when my phones memory just couldn't keep up anymore, so I thought I would buy an iPod classic only to find out Apple had discontinued them. So I started looking at other options and discovered DAPs, had a look round on the internet and decided to go for the Ibasso DX50. I thought that would be an end to it, but how wrong was I. Now have the DX80,DX200,Fostex TE05,Grado 325e and the Ibasso IT03 with the CB12 balanced cable(couldn't resist getting the upgrade cable for the DX200) Big thanks to Apple!!!! Always loved my music and even more so now. Have been using my DX50 at work for a couple of years,5 days a week,8 hours a day and its never skipped a beat. Considering I'm a painter & decorator and covered in dust and paint every day, including the DX50. This is why I like the Ibasso build quality, very solid. I use Soundmagic E10s for work, had them over a year now and they are unrecognisable with all the paint on them but like the DX50 they keep on playing. In my local guitar shop, one of the guys said I had become an audiophile. Didn't realise that I had drifted into this expensive hobby, or should I say fascination or way of life or just, welcome to the dark side
gs1000.gif
. Going up to Milton Keynes tomorrow for the Head-Fi meet, even bringing my son with me. I think he is on the brink of the dark side, i'll bring up the DX200 and its little brothers just incase anyone fancys a listen and I would like to try out some headphones/iem's. Just one more pair, thats all I need. Who am I kidding !!!! Really like the look of those shiny green Andromedas 
blink.gif

Welcome to the jungle, @ Kev G!  You show great insight into the fact that there is, indeed, no end. One is too many and a thousand never enough--as they say. Pity. Take care and we'll see you around these boards--with a new purchase to report, I am quite sure.  ---)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back