Kiwi Ears IEM Thread
Mar 25, 2024 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

ardilla

Headphoneus Supremus
I think Kiwi Ears IEMs should have their own thread.

There's separate threads for the
Quintet , Melody, and I started a new one for Cadenza.

There's always action in the Discovery Thread. However, I thought it might be nice to have a dedicated thread for everything Kiwi Ears related :)

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 18
Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #3 of 18
I posted a review on The Headphoneer comparing the Truthear x Crinacle Zero Red and the Kiwi Ears Cadenza :)

https://www.headphoneer.com/kiwi-ears-cadenza-vs-truthear-x-crinacle-zero-red/

1000013828.jpg

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 18
The Cadenza was the first iem I bought before I fell down the rabbit hole of iem purchasing! Great iem for the price and surprisingly good for classical actually. Way better iem than the Kiwi Ears Forteza which I cannot abide for any genre of music.

Mar 29, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #5 of 18
The Cadenza was the first iem I bought before I fell down the rabbit hole of iem purchasing! Great iem for the price and surprisingly good for classical actually. Way better iem than the Kiwi Ears Forteza which I cannot abide for any genre of music.
May I ask where the rabbit hole has brought you?

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 18
Ive acquired and passed over many iems and full sized headphones (mostly Grados) in the budget to mid sector trying to find an ideal headphone for classical. Ive been impressed and troubled in equal measure by Final Audio and AudioSense, got a bit focussed on single armature iem's for a while. I ended up realising that I tend to gravitate to my cheaper phones leaving the more expensive stuff to gather dust! Blown away recently by the quality of sound from the super cheap Koss KPH30i Just looked at your reviews - excellent. Many thanks.

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #7 of 18
Apr 17, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #9 of 18
"Has an interesting low-end like Cindy Crawford" 😂
Right that’s the riddle, to make you read on. Yet later you find out I’m referring to her birthmark on her face, being her character, just like the Singolo has bass character, and even though not perfect, the KARS set-up makes the bass unique. IMO

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #10 of 18
I grew out of Kiwi's offerings at any price but I'm going to watch this space because I think Kiwi Ears is one of those brands that bravely experiments with shell shapes, tunings, driver setups, catering to well-delineated listener/taste demographics that actually make sense without imposing a house sound on those. And I find this respectable.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #11 of 18
I grew out of Kiwi's offerings at any price but I'm going to watch this space because I think Kiwi Ears is one of those brands that bravely experiments with shell shapes, tunings, driver setups, catering to well-delineated listener/taste demographics that actually make sense without imposing a house sound on those. And I find this respectable.
Which Kiwis have you tried?

Apr 17, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #12 of 18
Which Kiwis have you tried?

Actually, none. By the time they seemed to get their media coverage going enough, so that I couldn't not notice them (around or after Orchestra Lite), I was already eyeing the Studio4, and later bought the new Monarch too, so there wasn't anything in their portfolio that could compete with what I already had. I considered buying the Orchestra because that might be their most resolving set, and I'm interested enough in its tuning, but given the choice, I'd actually rather buy something better than the Monarch. But that's just me. Others like to collect gear and experience all the flavours out there, and that's cool too.

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #14 of 18
I see. You're in summit-iem territory 🙃☺️

Compared to others on this forum, naah :) But seriously, I'd be interested in a potential Kiwi 1k flagship.

A small thing to my comment from yesterday: this strategy might also spread them thin in the long run, they could end up with a lack of a distinct identity over time. But I don't know much about business. Nonetheless, it's interesting to see how brands approach market differentiation: Moondrop mostly goes with their objective target that happens to favor the upper mids, Thieaudio is business in the front, party at the back, Softears act like curators, Simgot is going with bright Vs now, etc.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #15 of 18
I have gone down the budget rabbit hole with IEMs (Zero, Zero 2, Wan'er, EW200, Cadenza) and the Cadenzas have my favorite sound signature I believe. I'm happy with them for now, but when I do decide to upgrade, what would be a general across the board improvement from those? I listen to mostly rock/metal, indie, and some pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back