knife-fi?
Feb 21, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #1,711 of 2,248
I think they make their own knives, patterned after other manufacturers (no ricasso or blade etch/stamp, and Perkins box not a Laguile box) ... Price is pretty good though, if it's not made poorly. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #1,712 of 2,248
  I think they make their own knives, patterned after other manufacturers (no ricasso or blade etch/stamp, and Perkins box not a Laguile box) ... Price is pretty good though, if it's not made poorly. 

I bought one, and it arrived this morning. I only occasionally need a penknife (damn you, impenetrable modern packaging!), but the handle on my old one, bought from a school friend many years ago, has been all wobbly for a while now and I thought I'd treat myself.

It's quite a nice piece of kit. Not like a proper Laguiole, but a decent small knife. Time will tell, as regards build quality.

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #1,713 of 2,248
  I bought one, and it arrived this morning. I only occasionally need a penknife (damn you, impenetrable modern packaging!), but the handle on my old one, bought from a school friend many years ago, has been all wobbly for a while now and I thought I'd treat myself.

It's quite a nice piece of kit. Not like a proper Laguiole, but a decent small knife. Time will tell, as regards build quality.

Follow-up: the detailing is not in the same league as a top-class knife, but it feels nice in the hand and although it doesn't lock, the blade, once open, is held nice and firm by the spring. Pleased!

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #1,714 of 2,248
Pleased in the best outcome. :)

I've got one of Charlies new SFO orders on the way. An ebony radio knife. Very excited to get it in hand. GEC's image below.

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #1,715 of 2,248
Came on my wedding anniversary - the traditional gift for the 5th anniversary is "wood" - so that works out. Getting it sharpened up, an in my pocket. Great blade so far. 

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #1,716 of 2,248
So, I haven't bought anything Audio related in a year and a half. I enjoy my setup greatly. I have however gone a little overboard with knives, including a few customs. Also, soon I will be making my own :) here are my productions: some Emersons, a Benchmade, spyderco, mcusta and boker

And here are my customs. A smaller group, but two knives by ThreeSisterForge, and a Curtiss Nano. I can't say enough about David Curtiss and his knives. Mine is at the shop right now for a pivot upgrade, which he did on his dime.

I also just got a custom fixed blade by Karroll. His work is incredibly smooth and refined

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #1,717 of 2,248
I went to KC to visit an old high school buddy this weekend and he is an avid gun and knife collector and he gave me this nice Bladetech with kicker assist. I'm not familiar with the brand or knife but it seems like a pretty nice one
regular_smile .gif

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #1,718 of 2,248
I got in a box of custom balisongs :)

Props to DHC for the photography.

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #1,719 of 2,248
The 29knives Bali's are incredible, I would love to see them in person. I have yet to flip anything but a Benchmade, though I've handled a fair few of those. The 51 is my favorite thus far. At some point I'll make my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #1,720 of 2,248
  I got in a box of custom balisongs :)

Props to DHC for the photography.

please stop chris...I cant take it any more. You're literally killing me.

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #1,722 of 2,248
May 14, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #1,723 of 2,248
Recently acquired my first Chris Reeve. A Small Carbon fiber 21, Insingo - not my picture. 

Man is this a sweet little knife. Very quickly became #1 in my EDC rotation - only getting swapped out with the Spyderco Southard when I'm feeling flippy. 

May 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #1,724 of 2,248
  Recently acquired my first Chris Reeve. A Small Carbon fiber 21, Insingo - not my picture. 

Man is this a sweet little knife. Very quickly became #1 in my EDC rotation - only getting swapped out with the Spyderco Southard when I'm feeling flippy. 

Very nice, thats the way to do it man. Once you go CRK, there is literally nothing else. I buy customs just because it makes me feel good but objectively that is the best folding knife in the world as far as were concerned.

May 28, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #1,725 of 2,248
Just bought a second benchmade benchmite keychain knife. Super thin, locks open n closed, and requires two hands two unlock so unlikely to open accidentally. I have one in black handle/black blade and another in grey/black. Before the benchmite, i tried a non-locking closed position folder, but it ended up opening partly twice in a period of about 6mos, so i put it away and bought the benchmite. The folder that opened was a boker keycom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back