Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 29, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #6,061 of 64,180
It`s all subjective and personal. Different source gear, different hearing, different music, different taste etc. Not to mention KZ QC issues.

Aug 29, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #6,062 of 64,180
Of all the KZ I've measured, the ED9 with brass filters even has the most natural response curve as well. I don't say that to discredit any of the other KZ models, but more to say that of all the KZ earphones, the ed9 has the most natural sound and is the one I prefer the most.

The ED10 is great, but I get more of a treble spike with them than I do with a burned in ed9 with brass filters.

The ed10 is a v signature with great sound. It's a no brainer for their asking price. They have a build and sound that is very similar to the much higher priced Ostry KC06a.

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #6,063 of 64,180
It`s all subjective and personal. Different source gear, different hearing, different music, different taste etc.

Also different ear canals, insertion depth and angle.
With my Zero Audio Carbo Tenore at regular insertion depth, I get a v-shaped sound signature with the emphasis in the lows mainly laying on the sub-bass, whereas I get a warm and dark sound with emphasised mid-bass and ground-tone area and recessed highs when I insert them deeply.

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #6,064 of 64,180
Of all the KZ I've measured, the ED9 with brass filters even has the most natural response curve as well. I don't say that to discredit any of the other KZ models, but more to say that of all the KZ earphones, the ed9 has the most natural sound and is the one I prefer the most.

The ED10 is great, but I get more of a treble spike with them than I do with a burned in ed9 with brass filters.

The ed10 is a v signature with great sound. It's a no brainer for their asking price. They have a build and sound that is very similar to the much higher priced Ostry KC06a.

Agreed that the ED10 is quite a must-have. Like CoiL I'm also a little sensitive to treble peaks. Try spiral dots with the Ed10 if you have them. SDs don't always work as intended but I find that they work perfectly with the ed10.

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #6,065 of 64,180
Of all the KZ I've measured, the ED9 with brass filters even has the most natural response curve as well.

Can You share measurements with us all in this thread? Haven`t seen any 
rolleyes.gif

Not that I care about measurements when real life nuances usually make most of resulting sound. Imo measured FR curve will show only ~1/3 about IEM/HP sound signature.
the ed9 has the most natural sound 

Hope You didn`t mean it as a fact. This is subjective and about personal taste/hearing/gear match etc.
The ED10 is great, but I get more of a treble spike with them

No treble spikes with my pair and I`m quite sensitive to highs region. Must be personal hearing/gear/tips or QC difference.
The ed10 is a v signature

I wouldn`t over-emphasise this. Imhso it is only littlebit V-shaped. In comparison, I find ED9 with gold nozzles much more V-shaped.

Overall my opinion is that ED10 > ED9 in terms of naturality (no matter if ED9 is foam modded or different nozzles). ED9 with brass nozzles sounds maybe tad more neutral/flat. 

Soundstage is also littlebit better on ED10 (especially width).

IMHSO
wink.gif

It`s all subjective and personal. Different source gear, different hearing, different music, different taste etc.

Also different ear canals, insertion depth and angle.
With my Zero Audio Carbo Tenore at regular insertion depth, I get a v-shaped sound signature with the emphasis in the lows mainly laying on the sub-bass, whereas I get a warm and dark sound with emphasised mid-bass and ground-tone area and recessed highs when I insert them deeply.

Forgot to mention that. Totally true!

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #6,066 of 64,180
Received my ED10s yesterday.  I agree that the treble is somewhat emphasized, but it is not objectionable.  I would describe their sound signature as very well defined and clear, not warm, with a big soundstage.  Vocals are a little recessed, maybe 5th or 6th row.  For under $9.00 delivered, they are a bargain.

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #6,067 of 64,180
Can You share measurements with us all in this thread? Haven`t seen any :rolleyes:  
Not that I care about measurements when real life nuances usually make most of resulting sound. Imo measured FR curve will show only ~1/3 about IEM/HP sound signature.
Hope You didn`t mean it as a fact. This is subjective and about personal taste/hearing/gear match etc.
No treble spikes with my pair and I`m quite sensitive to highs region. Must be personal hearing/gear/tips or QC difference.
I wouldn`t over-emphasise this. Imhso it is only littlebit V-shaped. In comparison, I find ED9 with gold nozzles much more V-shaped.

Overall my opinion is that ED10 > ED9 in terms of naturality (no matter if ED9 is foam modded or different nozzles). ED9 with brass nozzles sounds maybe tad more neutral/flat. 

Soundstage is also littlebit better on ED10 (especially width).

IMHSO:wink:  

Forgot to mention that. Totally true!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, how did you read my post? I thought you blocked me as you stated a long time ago?

All good...

I don't claim to be the KZ know all, and I don't argue with everyone who has an opinion different from mine. I just report on what I know as a fact based on time I've had with the products. I share impressions on the gear I own.

I'd be happy to share my MEASUREMENTS when I get home this evening. That is if MEASUREMENTS actually do matter to you or not. Based on the comments made you're on both sides of the fence.

Please don't start another argument buddy. I'm only sharing my opinions and observations.

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #6,068 of 64,180
I am usually extremely busy, just as many if not all of you are and when I do have an hour or so to listen I reach for my ED9's. It's not so much the clean lows or spacious highs but how they present the program material to me as a whole. Right now listening to King Crimson HDCD Lizard and I'm amazed that this is a $12.00 headphone! If CoiL likes his modded ATE more than the ED9 I happy for him...I'm glad he's found a cheap IEM that peaks his interest and he enjoys them. Myself and Hisoundfi and others may find the ED9 more enjoyable still others may find another model to their liking. As summer closes out I'm personally going back to my full size cans but am grateful and respect the value Kz has put into such inexpensive headphones.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #6,069 of 64,180

very_evil_smiley.gif
OH YEAH HIFI???

Well all right then....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #6,070 of 64,180

very_evil_smiley.gif
OH YEAH HIFI???

Well all right then....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Hey buddy, I love the ED10, just stating the ED9 is more natural to my ears and on the graph. 

The great news is we're all KZ fanboys here! We all win with KZ

Cheers friend

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #6,074 of 64,180
I am usually extremely busy, just as many if not all of you are and when I do have an hour or so to listen I reach for my ED9's. It's not so much the clean lows or spacious highs but how they present the program material to me as a whole. Right now listening to King Crimson HDCD Lizard and I'm amazed that this is a $12.00 headphone! If CoiL likes his modded ATE more than the ED9 I happy for him...I'm glad he's found a cheap IEM that peaks his interest and he enjoys them. Myself and Hisoundfi and others may find the ED9 more enjoyable still others may find another model to their liking. As summer closes out I'm personally going back to my full size cans but am grateful and respect the value Kz has put into such inexpensive headphones.

So your a Crimson fan eh? Awesome! I personally enjoy the three Larks era albums more than the rest of their huge catalogue. Starless and Bible Black is one of my all-time favorite songs :)

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #6,075 of 64,180
  Dude I'm still laughing about that post!

Did your GR07BE come in yet?

No, but for whatever reason Wisconsin to Florida mail is uber slow. Usually 4 days.  That's okay, I know where you live...I still remember where the hood is in K-town.   
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back