Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 1, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #49,891 of 64,286
How does it compare to the Haylou GT1 Plus in terms of SQ?

Hmm. so far i feel like it's like a more fun sounding version of the GT1 Plus? There is noticeably more sub-bass, and treble seems a tiny bit more extended (or maybe similar). Both sounds good in the mids, but because the Gt1 Plus has less sub-bass the mids sounds a bit more forward in some tracks? But if i'm listening to like a track without bass like this guitar track "Depapepe - Ii-hi Dattane", it sounds about the same. Maybe the Z1 has slightly better separation too? But it's like really slight. Both are smooth and enjoyable to listen to though. But Z1 probably gets my vote because it's able to get a lot louder. I have like a few songs i listen to that are softer and sometimes when I'm jogging the Gt1 Plus is still a little lacking in volume even when i max it out. Having a bit more headroom is nice.

May 1, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #49,892 of 64,286
Hmm. so far i feel like it's like a more fun sounding version of the GT1 Plus? There is noticeably more sub-bass, and treble seems a tiny bit more extended (or maybe similar). Both sounds good in the mids, but because the Gt1 Plus has less sub-bass the mids sounds a bit more forward in some tracks? But if i'm listening to like a track without bass like this guitar track "Depapepe - Ii-hi Dattane", it sounds about the same. Maybe the Z1 has slightly better separation too? But it's like really slight. Both are smooth and enjoyable to listen to though. But Z1 probably gets my vote because it's able to get a lot louder. I have like a few songs i listen to that are softer and sometimes when I'm jogging the Gt1 Plus is still a little lacking in volume even when i max it out. Having a bit more headroom is nice.

seems like my instinct were right, they have ZSX signature sound? of course with less separation and technicalities. How is the soundstage and imaging?
and that very fast, i thought they are still in pre order session? now Im interested.. ugh

May 1, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #49,893 of 64,286
HI,

I recently buy a pair of KZ ZSN.

I feel the sound detailed but too agressive, too bright,too metallic, too harsh for me, the sound is fatiguing my ears.

I am searching for hybrid earphones with a more warm, depth, body and more spacial sound.

Any recommandations in the same range of price?

(Sorry for my english).

May 1, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #49,894 of 64,286
HI,

I feel the sound detailed but too agressive, too bright,too metallic, too harsh for me, the sound is fatiguing my ears.

I am searching for hybrid earphones with a more warm, depth, body and more spacial sound.

(Sorry for my english).
I don't think there is nothing better of ZSN for the price, I use them daily even if have much more expensive buds.
How you drive the ZSN?

May 1, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #49,895 of 64,286
HI,

(Sorry for my english).

You should consider the ZST foam mod. It will tune the treble and make it more enjoyable for you.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1167#post-13480650

May 1, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #49,896 of 64,286
HI,

(Sorry for my english).
CCA C10 (warm but detailed with 4 BAs) would fit the requirements and, hopefully, the bill.

May 1, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #49,897 of 64,286
@axhng should I be considering the Z1 for a basshead experience or for more of an all-rounded experience?

I'm also very interested to know how long the battery truly lasts. Saw them today, thinking about picking up a set over the weekend if there's enough info to back it up.

May 1, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #49,899 of 64,286
Each time Final E series is discussed, I am chuckling: ED9 with its sturdy cable and two filters do more for me than E3000 at less than 1/3 of the cost :)

Right, it's hard to keep a good iem down :grin: Some of the best $8.60 I've ever spent in the portable hobby:beerchug: I refer to them as humbly awesome:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Budgi-Fied Rig.JPG

While we are travelling back in time any one have or remember these little babies?

KZ DT5.JPG

May 1, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #49,901 of 64,286
So they released in between of the waiting time for the s2 the z1 out of nothing

Why just why

May 1, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #49,902 of 64,286
Thanks for your reply.

@forestitalia : i'm using Benji K1 and Sony nwz a-815, and sometimes my phone Xiaomi Mi A1.

@Slater : thanks for the tuto, but i would not try this for the moment ahah

@PhonoPhi : i find the CCA C10 too in my research, but it is not the same manufacturer as KZ ? The sound will not be too similar?
CCA is a sister brand of KZ.
Some IEMs are very close, like C12 and ZSX, while C10 is unique to CCA being made in between ZS10 and ZS10 pro (most closely related).

May 1, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #49,903 of 64,286
@axhng should I be considering the Z1 for a basshead experience or for more of an all-rounded experience?

I'm also very interested to know how long the battery truly lasts. Saw them today, thinking about picking up a set over the weekend if there's enough info to back it up.

It think it's more of an all rounded experience? While the sub-bass thump I think will satisfy bass heads, the midbass is quite well controlled sounding to me and doesn't sound too bloated. I don't consider myself a basshead, but still enjoyed it a lot. Battery life doesn't look pretty. At the volume i'm using, it's legit 2 hours of use per charge. still testing how many extra charges the case will provide, but it's probably around 4 to 5.

May 1, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #49,904 of 64,286
It think it's more of an all rounded experience? While the sub-bass thump I think will satisfy bass heads, the midbass is quite well controlled sounding to me and doesn't sound too bloated. I don't consider myself a basshead, but still enjoyed it a lot. Battery life doesn't look pretty. At the volume i'm using, it's legit 2 hours of use per charge. still testing how many extra charges the case will provide, but it's probably around 4 to 5.

Any BT connectivity issues with the Z1 so far? Like how far is the BT range?

May 1, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #49,905 of 64,286
Any BT connectivity issues with the Z1 so far? Like how far is the BT range?

So far seems about the same as the S2 and no major issues. I've took it out for a 30 mins jog, no drop outs at all. Other than that it's mostly home use and it performs normally. my apartment isn't particular big but i tried like 8-10m with just 1 thin wall in between and it was still fine.

Though i can easily get it to stutter badly if i cup my hands around both ears while using it, with the left side cutting out completely and the right stuttering. In this instance haylou gt1 plus does a little better and only the left side cuts out while the right side can still continue playback. this isn't really typical usage of course haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back