Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 1, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #60,001 of 64,286
A bit early yet, it's up for order about a day ago. All we have is KZ supplied FR graph, promo materials and price. No reviews yet.

The only video is basically just reading info off the KZ website. The armatures aren't new they have been used before on KZ ZAS, KZ ZAX and CCA CA16.
I wonder if they will ever run out of letters and have to actually start naming them. Maybe animals or something.

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #60,002 of 64,286
I wonder if they will ever run out of letters and have to actually start naming them. Maybe animals or something.
right now, people in kz discord is asking for CCA to continue to use constellation theme naming, like CCA Lyra

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #60,003 of 64,286
right now, people in kz discord is asking for CCA to continue to use constellation theme naming, like CCA Lyra

Lyra X, Lyra X Ultra, Lyra Pro X Ultra..

Sep 2, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #60,004 of 64,286
Just got the shipping confirmation from Aliex for the ZS6 I bought 2 weeks ago... Looking forward to those little gems :)

Sep 3, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #60,007 of 64,286
Just got the shipping confirmation from Aliex for the ZS6 I bought 2 weeks ago... Looking forward to those little gems :)

Well, your ears will definitely rings with ZS6.

I was more tempted by the KZ ZSA, similar build to the ZS6 but less extreme KZ treble (cheaper too).

Sep 3, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #60,008 of 64,286
I was more tempted by the KZ ZSA, similar build to the ZS6 but less extreme KZ treble (cheaper too).
among my regret is not taking that cheap second hand ZS7 that pops out in my place.

when i a/b them back then with ZS6, ZS7, and ZS10pro, ZS7 is my favorite in sound.
Can't tolerate ZS6 sibilance, ZS10 is pretty close to ZS7 and have more comfortable shells. but ZS7 airyness is something else.
Tough I somehow ended with TFZ King on that day.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #60,009 of 64,286
Sep 3, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #60,010 of 64,286
Please. That naming method provides way more personality to each IEM. Way better than just naming it based on the hardware specs. Its a whole new start for them if they let that creative effort happens. I hope more people gave yes to them about that.

Sep 4, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #60,011 of 64,286
among my regret is not taking that cheap second hand ZS7 that pops out in my place.

when i a/b them back then with ZS6, ZS7, and ZS10pro, ZS7 is my favorite in sound.
Can't tolerate ZS6 sibilance, ZS10 is pretty close to ZS7 and have more comfortable shells. but ZS7 airyness is something else.
Tough I somehow ended with TFZ King on that day.
Yes, ZS7 still the best KZ hybrid IMO.

Sep 5, 2022 at 2:48 AM Post #60,012 of 64,286
Hi, I got the AS16 pro. First impressions listening on a pretty good quality ESS based dongle.. on the fence. Love the resolution and separation and almost an over ear style of soundstage.. But it's not quite overears but better than I remember from KZ :) Not sure if I like the treble energy. First impressions.

I can also see these earpiece covers. Paper? whatever they are they are they are not built for longevity or practicality. Hated that on the ASX and ASF. Poor design, just terrible.

FYI, and these things are uber sensitive. More sensitive than my ASFs, I didn't get the high ohm version in the plain box. Ordered a couple of weeks ago or so from 'derect' store.

I'll have another listen soon with my high impedence DAC soon. :)

On another note, hah, looking for the most cheapest KZ or CCA with decent resolution without zingy treble available on Aliexpress. So, cheap but not nasty. Many thanks in advance for replies.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #60,013 of 64,286
Hi, I got the AS16 pro. First impressions listening on a pretty good quality ESS based dongle.. on the fence. Love the resolution and separation and almost an over ear style of soundstage.. But it's not quite overears but better than I remember from KZ :) Not sure if I like the treble energy. First impressions.

I can also see these earpiece covers. Paper? whatever they are they are they are not built for longevity or practicality. Hated that on the ASX and ASF. Poor design, just terrible.

FYI, and these things are uber sensitive. More sensitive than my ASFs, I didn't get the high ohm version in the plain box. Ordered a couple of weeks ago or so from 'derect' store.

On another note, hah, looking for the most cheapest KZ or CCA with decent resolution without zingy treble available on Aliexpress. So, cheap but not nasty. Many thanks in advance for replies.
For resolution, KZ lately have little hybrids or multi drivers as they bunkered down with loads of 1DD as they try to re-tune their house sound.

The latest KZ that might fits your bills is the brand new KZ ZS10PRo-X, $39.
Its 1 DD, 2 x 50060s BA, 2 x 30019s BA (5 in total)
tough, its brand new, so no hands on info

The recent KZ while some of them are nice, like KZ EDA-Balanced or CCA Lyra, they are not quite resolution powerhouse

Sep 5, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #60,014 of 64,286
For resolution, KZ lately have little hybrids or multi drivers as they bunkered down with loads of 1DD as they try to re-tune their house sound.

The latest KZ that might fits your bills is the brand new KZ ZS10PRo-X, $39.
Its 1 DD, 2 x 50060s BA, 2 x 30019s BA (5 in total)
tough, its brand new, so no hands on info

The recent KZ while some of them are nice, like KZ EDA-Balanced or CCA Lyra, they are not quite resolution powerhouse
Thanks for that. I'm a bit out of the loop. CCA Lyra look a few $$ cheaper than the EDA balanced. NZ$27 +15% :) Will definitely have a look. Thank you!

EDIT: bought the three pairs of EDA. A few dollars more expensive than a single pair of EDA.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #60,015 of 64,286

When you say you don't like the treble energy of the AS16 Pro, do you want more or less?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back