KuraDa KD-P1 (new japanese "Summit-Fi" open headphone)
Feb 23, 2017 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

ToroFiestaSol

500+ Head-Fier
http://www.kurada.co.jp/kd-p1

Looks like a very interesting concept, price is eye watering at 480000 yen (4237 USD / 4014 EUR).

Would be great to know how this thing performs, and also get some measurements.
Also, if someone who speaks japanese can provide a better translation of the product description, it would be nice, because the google translator one is very sloppy.

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #2 of 54
Looks like a HD800 thrown into the abyss
biggrin.gif
Or a different take on the K-1000 loosing the adjustment.
Obviously pretty heavy due the machined metal construction.

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #3 of 54
The design looks interesting. Though at that price it would compete directly with the Utopia.
It's quite sad to see everyone and their mother jumping on the 4k headphone trend.

Anyway, I see this is already in production?

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #4 of 54
The design looks interesting. Though at that price it would compete directly with the Utopia.
It's quite sad to see everyone and their mother jumping on the 4k headphone trend.

Anyway, I see this is already in production?

From what I could understand using google translator, yes, they've been in production since november.
They produced a custom headphone for one of their customers, called it "KD-OR12 APERTO" (this one, here: http://www.kurada.co.jp/kd-or12).

Seems that they liked how it sounded, and decided to make a production version of it, which is the one discussed here ("KD-P1").

I opened this thread because there was almost no information about it.
It was present at Tokyo Fujiya Headphone Festival 2016 (both Spring and Autumn), and from what I've read on the Head-fi reports, @AnakChan and @Currawong could hear it, but unfortunately a speaker manufacturer next to Kurada's table was demoing his speakers at such a loud volume that interfered with their listening sessions. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #6 of 54
Also looking at the google translate, what seems funny is this excerpt:

So... this will more likely compare to the Z1R than the Utopia.

We don't know that, maybe they're trying to say that is very difficult to get a correct bass impact from a completely open design like this or K-1000, and they achieved a correct impact on this model. Could be that or a 15db bass boost...we don't know yet.

EDIT: I say this because a good seal is crucial to get bass impact, for example on Stax SR-007, the sound changes a lot when you get a correct seal (much more bass impact, more linear).
You can't get seal with this KuraDa headphone, because it's completely open, so I think this is why they said "low frequency coming out firmly".
However, I would like to see measurements.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #11 of 54
Has anyone ever heard a Kurada headphone? I see they have closed back models. I actually think the designs are cool. There's just virtually no information on the internet about them.

I only found a little info about them. Probably more info if we dig in Japanese audio website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back