Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Mar 20, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #811 of 1,075
I emailed them late last week, haven't got any reply yet.

Quote:
I'm a little surprised that Leckerton haven't announced any new product by now - its not cast in stone that manufacturers have to churn out something new every year, but they seemed to be on a roll with the uHA-4 / 6S. Even Fiio seem to have slowed down from the 20 or so new products they released over a 4 month peiod  :)

They did announce something mid last month. Well, somewhat...

Quote:
It’s been a busy several months at Leckerton Audio. The company is now headquartered in Austin, Texas, a vibrant city known for its growing tech scene. Even with the move, I’ve managed to find time to spend on some new amp designs which have me pretty excited. I’ll be updating the website with more details as the release date approaches. Look for these new designs in the coming months!

Mar 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #813 of 1,075
If you guys haven't received a response from Leckerton, you might want to try re-sending your emails. I've already received a response for the email I sent last night. He said the UHA-4's will be back in stock at the end of this month, as they're in production right now.

Mar 20, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #814 of 1,075
FYI: Not to make any excuses for Nick, but Leckerton Audio is his side gig.  It doesn't make enough to quit his day job and it is the reason for his recent relocation.

Also, I've found depending what you put into the subject line can determine a faster response or not.  This goes for any electronic two way communication.

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #815 of 1,075
Side gig, eh ? Sounds like a wise move to me. We have quite a few speaker manufacturers in Australia, and I recently tried to visit Aslan Acoustics only to be confronted by this:

[size=small]NOW CLOSED FOR BUSINESS. (Yet another victim of the GFC)[/size]

[size=small]AFAIK, none of the mainstream manufacturers on Head-Fi have hit the wall financially (SinglePower ?), but its naive to think it cant happen. [/size]

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #816 of 1,075
I just wish Leckerton would post up some sort of time frame so I knew when product was available. I knew I should have grabbed a UHA-6S or 4 when they were still in stock but I dragged my feet. I've gotten so tired of waiting I even considered an Arrow4G but God only knows how long the waiting list is before your order gets shipped.

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #817 of 1,075
Listening to my uHA-4 as I type this, and it sounds fantastic. Hasnt missed a beat in over 12 months of ownership - you really missed the boat on this one. 
cool.gif

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #818 of 1,075
Well this is interesting. I just tried to check the Leckerton site and got a page appears to be broken message. Maybe the sites being updated and there's finally some new stock available?

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #819 of 1,075

Quote:
Well this is interesting. I just tried to check the Leckerton site and got a page appears to be broken message. Maybe the sites being updated and there's finally some new stock available?

Ahhh... you got me all excited. Just checked the site and same ol' same ol' - temporarily out of stock. :frowning2:
Can't be too much longer... I hope!!!!

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #821 of 1,075
Leckerton said they are in production now and would be ready around the end of this month. On a side note- I picked up a UHA-6S in the FS section yesterday. Can't wait to try it out. :D

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #822 of 1,075

Quote:
Leckerton said they are in production now and would be ready around the end of this month. On a side note- I picked up a UHA-6S in the FS section yesterday. Can't wait to try it out. :D

If it's Alpha's I recommend grabbing the 209 opamps to try out.  The 8610 are just not transparent enough but they are fun sounding.  That was a good deal btw.

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #823 of 1,075

Quote:
Quote:

If it's Alpha's I recommend grabbing the 209 opamps to try out.  The 8610 are just not transparent enough but they are fun sounding.  That was a good deal btw.

It was! Where DO you go to buy opamps? lol. Is there a specific place everyone gets them from?

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #824 of 1,075

Quote:
It was! Where DO you go to buy opamps? lol. Is there a specific place everyone gets them from?

Leckertons page or mouser.  It's better to go throug Nick's page as he already sets them up on the sockets.

http://www.leckertonaudio.com/products/#adapters

SOIC-to-DIP Adapter
w/Pre-Installed Single Op-Amp

select OPA209A or whatever else from the dropdown or just send an email to Nick.  You'll need dip tool/chip extractor or the correct set of pliers, two opamps btw, one per channel.

Manual:
http://www.leckertonaudio.com/wp-content/user_guides/UHA-6S_User_Guide.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back