Let's talk about pens...
Oct 3, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #32 of 163
They tend to be a bit slower than ebay or Ali for me, but given an unbeatable price I just treat it as a gift to my future self.
Great point. :call_me:

Oct 9, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #36 of 163
I really need to get back into carrying pens. My favorites are Lamy Safari fountain pens and Parker Jotters.

I may try out some of these Chinese pens at some point.

Just getting into it, I find I'm using my Fisher most of all. It's small & useful. Although I do want to try a Lamy.

Oct 9, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #38 of 163
Not a fountain pen. You need something with a flexible nib. Like a nib-holder with replaceable flexible nibs. These are dip pens, where there is no ink reservoir to hold nibs, so you dip the pen into ink and then write.
Dang, so a fountain pen with flexible nib won't work?

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #40 of 163
I have a question - if I want to learn Spencerian and Copperplate, do I need a fountain pen? And what kind?
You will likely want a dip pen (oblique holder if you are right handed or straight if you are a lefty) with a zebra g nib to start.You can get decent guidesheets for free to practice on from the iampeth site. Use fountain pen ink after you prep the nib and go slow and take regular breaks. If you have more questions there are lots of resources on iampeth too :)

Oct 10, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #42 of 163
Oct 10, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #43 of 163
The Ti-Nitride coating is really nice. It's basically a super hard coating that will keep the pen scratch-free for years, even when carried in a pocket with loose change, keys, etc.
Dang, I guess I will request that drop!

Oct 10, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #44 of 163
Dang, I guess I will request that drop!

BTW that's not some Massdrop-exclusive thing. You can get the same pen (and a few other Fisher models) with the Ti-Nitride coating on Amazon, ebay, etc.

Oct 10, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #45 of 163
BTW that's not some Massdrop-exclusive thing. You can get the same pen (and a few other Fisher models) with the Ti-Nitride coating on Amazon, ebay, etc.
Decent price? I'll check.. I do have prime....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back