library headphones
Apr 5, 2013 at 3:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

borisr

New Head-Fier
Iv decided to get a pair of decent headphones to use mainly while studying insted of my cx300.
thoughts so far are mainly on-ear closed headphones:

noontec zoro's
akg k518 le
sennheiser HD25-1 II

the reasonable thing would probably be to go for a better quality IEM but i kinda just want to get headphones to try something diffrent.
the sound needs to be good,they should last for 2-3 years as far as build quality, and there should be no sound leakage(gonna get a lot of library use so...).
they will be put through a LOT of use so build quality should be a big factor I guess.

HD25 seem to be a fool proof way to go at about twice the price I thought I would pay but I'drather pay 200$ and
enjoy them for years than pay 80$ and destroy them a few month later due to not as good build quality.

if you can think of other models or think that one of the above is great/terrible any advice would be welcomed :)

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 3
I had the IE6 for 3 years until I rolled over them. Excellent sound and excellent build quality. It took me a couple weeks too get into the sound but the build quality was great with really nice durable wire coating that didnt make vibration noises all the way up to your ears when rubbing against your shirt or something. I use to use them a lot in the library and never got any complaints of leakage to even people sitting right next to me. You also won't have to worry much in terms of sound quality because they always have positive user reviews/ratings wherever you go. I honestly can not think of any down side to his one.

Apr 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #3 of 3
thanks man, as i said , i know there are a lot of great in ear monitors and that to buy one is probably the
smarter thing to do but i just want to buy on ear headphones this time after using only IEM's for the last five years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back