List: Balanced Amps Under $1000 USD
Aug 20, 2015 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bclark8923

500+ Head-Fier
Hey All,

I wanted to compile a list of currently available (or coming soon) balanced/fully balanced amplifiers under $1000 USD, both to help me figure out what I want to purchase as well as help anyone else out! 

Please comment below with other amps you know of as well as impressions

Fully Balanced:
  1. Schiit Mjolnir 2
  2. Little Dot Mk VI+
  3. Vioelectric HPA V181
  4. Matrix Quattro
  5. Musical Fidelity MX-HPA
  6. Musical Fidelity V90-BHA
  7. Audio-GD NFB-1AMP
  8. Yulong A28
  9. Yulong A18
  10. Cavalli Liquid Carbon (Coming Soon)
  11. M-Stage HPA-3B (Coming Soon)
  12. Stoner Acoustics EGA (Coming Soon)

Balanced (SE Input):
  1. n/a

Portable Balanced:
  1. Protector: Emmeline, The Protector: The World's First Balanced, Ultra-Portable Headphone Amp - Ray Samuels Audio
  2. SR-71B: Emmeline, SR-71B: A Fully Balanced Portable Amp - Ray Samuels Audio
  3. The Intruder: The Intruder, Fully Balanced Amp/USB DAC - Ray Samuels Audio
  4. F-35: F-35, The Lightning balanced portable Amp - Ray Samuels Audio
  5. LH Labs Geek Out V2/+ (Coming Soon)

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #2 of 7
Matrix Audio has another Amp, The M-Stage HPA-3B that is supposed to be fully balanced.

You can also include the Musical Fidelity V90-BHA and the Musical Fidelity MX-HPA in the lists.

While we are at it, We can include some of the Ray Samuel selection if you want to include the portable units. 

Audio-GD might have others, but they have a newly released NFB-1AMP that is balanced and around $520 MSRP and then the C-2 is also balanced. 

I will try and add more for you when I can. Shall we define better criteria? Like, Balanced but also having SE output? Like the Mjolnir 2 now has balanced and SE output but the original Mjolnir only had dual balanced output. Also, we can get into the types of connectors they use or even if they accept balanced analog input or not. I know in hte past that a Red Wine Audio headphone amp might have balanced output but only SE input

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 7
  Matrix Audio has another Amp, The M-Stage HPA-3B that is supposed to be fully balanced.

You can also include the Musical Fidelity V90-BHA and the Musical Fidelity MX-HPA in the lists.

While we are at it, We can include some of the Ray Samuel selection if you want to include the portable units. 

Audio-GD might have others, but they have a newly released NFB-1AMP that is balanced and around $520 MSRP and then the C-2 is also balanced. 

I will try and add more for you when I can. Shall we define better criteria? Like, Balanced but also having SE output? Like the Mjolnir 2 now has balanced and SE output but the original Mjolnir only had dual balanced output. Also, we can get into the types of connectors they use or even if they accept balanced analog input or not. I know in hte past that a Red Wine Audio headphone amp might have balanced output but only SE input

Good finds! Updated the first post a bit to reflect some of those, what are the Ray Samuels amps? Added a portable balanced section and renamed the Balanced out SE in to have a better naming

Sep 9, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 7

Good finds! Updated the first post a bit to reflect some of those, what are the Ray Samuels amps? Added a portable balanced section and renamed the Balanced out SE in to have a better naming

You missed the Audio-GD C-2 I mentioned.

Also, the Yulong A28  http://www.yulongaudio.com/en/product_detail.asp?pid=36

And the Yulong A18 

Ray Samules makes portable amps under $100 that are balanced and are quite well regarded.

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #5 of 7
Sep 10, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #6 of 7
  You missed the Audio-GD C-2 I mentioned.

Also, the Yulong A28  http://www.yulongaudio.com/en/product_detail.asp?pid=36

And the Yulong A18 

Ray Samules makes portable amps under $100 that are balanced and are quite well regarded.

I looked at the C-2 but it wasn't balanced unless I was looking at a different C-2

Sep 10, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #7 of 7

I looked at the C-2 but it wasn't balanced unless I was looking at a different C-2

No I was wrong on that, sorry, saw the balanced output plug but didnt click and read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back