Little Dot MK VI+ with HE orthos?
Jan 28, 2011 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

stuckonsound

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone tried the VI+ with any of the hifiman orthos? It doesn't list power specs around 50ohms, but with 5 watts per channel at 120 ohm it should have ample power. I been itching to put that 4 pin connector to good use. Any thoughts?

Jan 28, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't see why not. I had considered it but decided on the Schiit Lyr instead, since I don't plan on doing the balanced thing and I want to save money. The Little Dot stuff I've experience has all been very good and I'm sure their flagship product (I think?) will be too.

Jan 28, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
I don't see why not. I had considered it but decided on the Schiit Lyr instead, since I don't plan on doing the balanced thing and I want to save money. The Little Dot stuff I've experience has all been very good and I'm sure their flagship product (I think?) will be too.

Acturally MK VI+ is not the flagship of LD. Their latest flagship will be available after this chinese new year.

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Quote:

Acturally MK VI+ is not the flagship of LD. Their latest flagship will be available after this chinese new year.

is the MK VIII SE what you are talking about?

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Has anyone tried the VI+ with any of the hifiman orthos? It doesn't list power specs around 50ohms, but with 5 watts per channel at 120 ohm it should have ample power. I been itching to put that 4 pin connector to good use. Any thoughts?

MKVI+ / HE-6 owner here.
i have used this combo quite a bit.
i will say that i have yet to open the amp and switch the gain to high.
on low gain, it takes quite a bit of the volume knob to get the volume level satisfactory.
the sound is pretty good, but i can tell that the HE-6 are still craving just a bit more power...

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #7 of 8
I am listening to HE5LE with MKVI+ as I type , and in high gain they are a very nice match.
My volume knob seats at 10- 10:30 on the dial.

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for the replies. This amp may be one of my future purchases. Other contenders being the upcoming Lyr, the Zen Taboo, or the Apex Peak. Just have to make up my mind....one box, two box, ...single ended, balanced..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back