Livezoner41: Italian CIEMs - Impressions/Appreciation Thread
Jan 17, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #16 of 51
Hi all,

just saw this thread. I'm Italian and I've just discovered this company through an italian forum. This company is probably well know between the audio professional and their CIEM are used by a lot of really famous artist. I've just sent them an email asking for information since I'd like to buy a CIEM and this seems to be the best company in Italy. I know also another company that makes CIEM but is not so popular I guess. In Italy the market is more focused on the audio professionals...CIEM are almost unknown here.

Anyway for what I've understood all their product are handmade in Italy, probably in Pescara, where the company is located.

Jan 17, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #17 of 51
This is the Italian site description.. I've tried to tranlsate this: 

Tutta la nostra esperienza concentrata in un prodotto: 
LZ 12
All our experience in one product: LZ 12

Un doppio driver basse in tecnologia “vented”, un doppio driver per le medio/basse ed un doppio driver per le medio/alte, con un crossover integrato tre vie.
A double "vented" bass driver, a double mid/bass driver and a double mid/highs driver, with a three-way crossover

Una risposta in frequenza da 20hz a 20khz estremamente curata e precisa.
20hz - 20khz extremely precise frequency response

Il doppio driver delle basse in tecnologia “vented” insieme al doppio driver delle medio/basse si integrano in perfetta linearità di fase per restituire una gamma bassa e medio/bassa emozionalmente coinvolgente, veloce e dettagliata.
The double "vented" bass driver together with the double mid/bass driver, work in a perfect phase linearity to provide an emotioning, engaging, fast and detailed bass ad mid/bass range.

Il doppio driver delle medie ed alte si sposa perfettamente con gli altri driver per un medio preciso e fedele, alte delicate e ariose.
The double mid/highs driver fits perfectly with the other drivers for precise, true mids and for airy, fine highs.

Jan 18, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #18 of 51
Guys I want to report that all the models they have are available as Universal.
I'm currently thinking to get a LZ4 or a LZ12 custom but I'm undecided. I'd like to buy the best and I don't know if the price/quality ratio is best with the LZ12 or with the LZ4.

Jan 18, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #19 of 51
  Guys I want to report that all the models they have are available as Universal. I'm currently thinking to get a LZ4 or a LZ12 custom but I'm undecided. I'd like to buy the best and I don't know if the price/quality ratio is best with the LZ12 or with the LZ4.

The LZ4 should be good enough, TBH, but the LZ12 is a step above IMHO.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #21 of 51
  Does it worth 400€ more?

Depends on individual preferences, honestly. The LZ12 will sound airier and more spacious. It's hard to place a value of worth on something subjective. The best way is to listen yourself. Maybe they'll let you demo the units with a deposit or something, since you live domestically. Contact them --- Oliver is a nice guy.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #22 of 51
Depends on individual preferences, honestly. The LZ12 will sound airier and more spacious. It's hard to place a value of worth on something subjective. The best way is to listen yourself. Maybe they'll let you demo the units with a deposit or something, since you live domestically. Contact them --- Oliver is a nice guy.

The company is 500km from where I live and so everything will be handled with shipments. Anyway I enjoyed the sound of my UM Pro 30 but I would have liked (they died yesterday) if they had a more spacious and detailed sound. So that's why I was looking also to the LZ12. The prices are also without taxes so, for Italian customers, the 22% more must be added :frowning2:

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #23 of 51
  The company is 500km from where I live and so everything will be handled with shipments. Anyway I enjoyed the sound of my UM Pro 30 but I would have liked (they died yesterday) if they had a more spacious and detailed sound. So that's why I was looking also to the LZ12. The prices are also without taxes so, for Italian customers, the 22% more must be added
frown.gif

That much for tax? Uf.

Yes, they might be willing to mail the demos to you for a few weeks. Other companies have been known to do the same, so it's a proposal you can bring up with them.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #24 of 51
That much for tax? Uf.

Yes, they might be willing to mail the demos to you for a few weeks. Other companies have been known to do the same, so it's a proposal you can bring up with them.

yes, sadly, yes. 22%!
Anyway I'll see what to do. First of all I want to see if ai can get my um pro 30 repaired under warranty. It's a long story.. :)

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #26 of 51
Today I've ordered the LZ12. It's a really big expense but I always wanted to buy a CIEM with a driver setup like this. I had in plan to buy a new pc and I think this has been a LOT better choice.
I've asked the smoke body with acqua pearl shell with a customization.

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #27 of 51
  Today I've ordered the LZ12. It's a really big expense but I always wanted to buy a CIEM with a driver setup like this. I had in plan to buy a new pc and I think this has been a LOT better choice. I've asked the smoke body with acqua pearl shell with a customization.

Very nice. The LZ12 definitely sounds very nice and is a substantial step-up over the UM Pro 30. I really like listening to the demo, and Joker seemed to think highly of it as well.

It's good that you're local to them, so if you have fit issues or need anything repaired, it won't be a massive wait.

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #28 of 51

Very nice. The LZ12 definitely sounds very nice and is a substantial step-up over the UM Pro 30. I really like listening to the demo, and Joker seemed to think highly of it as well.

It's good that you're local to them, so if you have fit issues or need anything repaired, it won't be a massive wait.

Yes, that's the reason why I've decided to buy from them. We are quite near and also for future eventual problems (finger crossed) It will not be a problem. 
My "dream", because of the design, was the Noble Kaiser 10, but it's too problematic to send molds to the USA and whatever..

I'm really happy of my buy. Hope also the customization will be as I guess. I've said to them that if smoke + acqua pearl is not good they can use the clear + acqua like the one in the OP.

PS: I didn't pay yet. I will pay only after the work is finished. Nice from their side and really professional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back